Sharrow Lane School 1950s - Reunions

Interested in this event.

My name is Barry Brown went to Sharrow Lane 1951 to 57.Still in touch with George Jones,Pete Deakin,Bob Hempstock,Beryl Crossland.Does anyone recognise these names.

Hi Barry, I certainly remember Bobby Hempstock but am afraid the other names ring no bells. I left for High Storrs in 53 but was at Sharrow Lane from leaving Denby St nursery in 1946. So many names I could list here but am somewhat afraid to name them all in case they have passed on and it arouses personal sadness. But I am happy to say that I can also recall many of the faces from Sharrow Lane so if anyone has photos I am sure I could put names to many of them. My own school photos are going to be on my Ipad when we meet up on the 10th February. Will be good to see you there. DO NOTE THE NEW TIME OF 2PM.

Interested in this event.

My name is Barry Brown went to Sharrow Lane 1951 to 57.Still in touch with George Jones,Pete Deakin,Bob Hempstock,Beryl Crossland.Does anyone recognise these names.

Howdy.. Barry B'.. Maybe Beryl Crossland rings a bell with me..you are going back many years.. 60 in fact.... I am now 70 - so I would have been in the Infants and Juniors.. around the mid 50s ... I will be at the meet on the 10th... so may see you then.. Cheers from Dj.

Hi Barry, will see you on the 10th.

We were at Sharrow Lane together !

By the way, we left in 1958 not 1957 and I don't remember any of those names you have quoted.

Edited by Runningman
More info added

Hi Barry, I certainly remember Bobby Hempstock but am afraid the other names ring no bells. I left for High Storrs in 53 but was at Sharrow Lane from leaving Denby St nursery in 1946. So many names I could list here but am somewhat afraid to name them all in case they have passed on and it arouses personal sadness. But I am happy to say that I can also recall many of the faces from Sharrow Lane so if anyone has photos I am sure I could put names to many of them. My own school photos are going to be on my Ipad when we meet up on the 10th February. Will be good to see you there. DO NOTE THE NEW TIME OF 2PM.

David.. France.... do you have the school yard photograph of a group of children dressed ready for a school play ? .. Runningman' posted it to me a couple of years ago... I can send a copy to the 'Forum' no problem.. Cheers from Dj.

Great! Please spread the word around!
what time is the event ?

---------- Post added 16-01-2017 at 16:43 ----------

I will be attending,travelling from the midlands to be there.I am in touch with a few Franklin street people on Sheffield down memory lane.Hope to meet a few old friends. Derick White.

I also remember some more names if anyone knows anything about them

Patrick Solway

Nina Heathcliffe

Brian Kay

Christopher Wood

Susan Pitts

Trevor Briggs

Also some others.

what time is the event ?

---------- Post added 16-01-2017 at 16:43 ----------

I will be attending,travelling from the midlands to be there.I am in touch with a few Franklin street people on Sheffield down memory lane.Hope to meet a few old friends. Derick White.

Aaaw !... that's great Derick....the time is 14.00 or there abouts....Oh !..and don't forget to return the conker and string I lent you back in 1958.. Cheers Dave

Edited by oscar2157
remembered conker.

I also remember some more names if anyone knows anything about them

Patrick Solway

Nina Heathcliffe

Brian Kay

Christopher Wood

Susan Pitts

Trevor Briggs

Also some others.

Hi Barry

Sad to say that Trevor Briggs died approx 4 years ago.

Patrick Solway lives on Vancouver Island in Canada.

The others I haven't had contact with for many years.

---------- Post added 16-01-2017 at 22:08 ----------

More names of pupils attending 51 to 58

Elizabeth Brownhill David Morley Linda Firth John Warrington Christine Broadhurst

Ian Dean Pauline Allen Stan Rowbotham Jennifer Ellis Anne Dale Andrew Barson

Barbara Childs John Gascoigne Carol Titterton David Jones Jaqueline Foxcroft

Gerald Kersh Linda Beecroft

Hi David France, "Sharrovian" was also the School magazine when I was there.

Hello David, I will try to get to the reunion. I've got a photo of the 1953/54 football team They were mainly from the year above us, but three lads were from our year. One who I'm sure you'll remember is David Vardy, who has been a lifelong friend of mine. Also from our year there are the twins, Jim and George Weldon.They came to Sharrow Lane after we left in 1953 to go to Grammar school.

Hi Barry

Sad to say that Trevor Briggs died approx 4 years ago.

Patrick Solway lives on Vancouver Island in Canada.

The others I haven't had contact with for many years.

---------- Post added 16-01-2017 at 22:08 ----------

More names of pupils attending 51 to 58

Elizabeth Brownhill David Morley Linda Firth John Warrington Christine Broadhurst

Ian Dean Pauline Allen Stan Rowbotham Jennifer Ellis Anne Dale Andrew Barson

Barbara Childs John Gascoigne Carol Titterton David Jones Jaqueline Foxcroft

Gerald Kersh Linda Beecroft

I was at Sharrow Lane school probably at the same time as you, but some of the names I don't recognise. I lived on Franklin St near the Lansdowne end same side as Horace the barbers. some names on there were Trevor Simson, Robert Newcombe, Graham Mulcrone, Mick Smith, Roger Wheeler, I wsa born in 1948 so would have left Sharrow Lane about 1959 to go to Newfield Secondary. There was a girl in my class called Maureen Whitham who lived just down from the school, on South View Crescent and also a boy called John Rainer, not sure of his first name, and a black lad called Ashley Richards.