Sign in to follow this  

Travelling advice...

Unfair KenH.

Unless you have been ' traveling ' and didn't find it did you some good.

If you haven't, lay off the arrogance.

It is worth while as it broardens your mind.

Do you know how much it costs to own a camel in Egypt? How much a packet of local baccie is in Borneo? How many of the Tombs in The Valley of the Kings are above the valley floor? What does the Night Market in Kualur Lumpar smell like? What does the view from the Sydney Harbour Bribge look like? What is it like to swim with a Whale Shark 20 meters underwater off the coast of Kenya? What is it like to get ripped off a reef by currents into a shipping channel in the Phillipines? Fly over Siberia.......Experience Japan. Russia. China etc etc

Walk in the Grand Canyon. Ski in the Alps.

Want to complain about Midland Mainline? Get a bullet train from Tokyo to Fukuoka and then complain.

And yes, I've done them all.

Some things you may never know. Is it Beniborm for you?

I have been lucky enough to have ' travelled ' world wide for a living since my early twenties, and I know everyone doesn't get the chance, but I tell you something, if it's the only chance you will get, do it.

Well said!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice

I have been on a number of holidays in different parts of the world. I have never been on a package tour, always booking my own travel, or driving/flying myself. Can I assume that when you flew over Siberia you were being flown by someone else? - How very dull). I have never been arrogant enough to refer to these trips as anything other than a holiday. If I am not working then I must be on holiday mustn't I?

I've been 'travelling' to many places but also worked while I have been there usually voluntary...Does that mean I am on a 'working holiday'..??? Does it matter what you call it. People want to have an adventure...want to experience new cultures and religions so far removed from our own that the trip is an experience which evokes new feelings and ideas. I didn't have that occur to me when I went on holiday to Faliraki...yet I did when I went on 'holiday' to teach english and travel in India for 2 months...