Armed police hillsbrough roads closed 07/01/2017

The off-topic and speculation can cease. A person has died, have a little respect for that fact.

Speaking to a current officer it appears SYP have disbanded their traffic department and incorporated it into the group that includes the armed response units.

Therefore, when serious accidents occur you will see armed officers at the scene and as someone has already pointed out they wear sidearms as routine.

My thoughts are also with the family of the deceased who was apparently meeting his family at Owlerton to celebrate a birthday.

Terrible news. My condolences to the gentleman's loved ones.

There are also reports that Earth is flat and was created by a god. Back in the real world armed police only respond to armed incidents or protect sensitive areas like airports. They are specially trained to use arms and don't give out parking tickets or deal with accidents;

http://www.eliteukforces.info/police/CO19/

This is completely incorrect. Armed police will attend a routine call if required, but clearly they aren't going to start getting rifles out of the car unless needed, but they may be wearing pistols as part of their standard kit. Armed police don't ONLY attend incidents involving guns, there just aren't enough coppers for them to do that.

Thoughts with the deceased family and the officers involved in the accident. Terrible for all involved.

RIP to the poor man that died and my deepest sympathy to the police officer and the mans family.