Thankyou to a member of staff at ALDI

Aldi and lidl both great shops

Dont you want my custom "ile let you work that one out"

Just want to say thank you to a store member at ALDI Handsworth for letting me off with the 32p as my shopping came to £30.32p but

I only had £30 on me,MANY THANKS.

This has happened to me many times at petrol stations when I have gone slightly over when paying with cash.

I like Aldi :) B&M is still my favourite tho!:D

Tesco staff are allowed discretion. I ordered an item online. They sent the wrong item. I returned it to the store and said I was very disappointed because it had been reduced from £30 to £25 one day only so it would cost me £5 more to re-order. The assistant refunded me £30 and said it wasn't fair that I should miss out because of their mistake.

Brilliant customer service and a customer for life.

I remember going to Poundland once to ask them if they would price match with the 99p store. They said 'no', which I thought was really mean of them.

Are they related?;)

I went to this store once and observed a staff member helping a customer by carrying something to the car.

I went to this store once and observed a staff member helping a customer by carrying something to the car.

Are you one of those ' Mystery Shoppers '?

A lady was once 50p short on a purchase of around £30, so I stepped in and gave her the 50p... she took it and never said thank you because she was busy complaining at the member of staff she couldn't have 50p off.. cheers then

I don't know if it's standard practice there. But when I went to one of the midwest states in America, I went into a supermarket, filled the trolley with shopping, got to the checkout, where someone took control of the trolley, loaded all the stuff onto the conveyor, someone else scanned it through, then someone else packed it neatly and bagged back into the trolley, then someone wheeled it out to the car, and loaded it into the car for me. I literally didn't have to lift a finger.

I was utterly gobsmacked...Now that's what I call 'customer service'....Needless to say, I didn't shop anywhere else.

Back on topic, I have been in a supermarket on more than one occasion where the person before me didn't have quite enough money to pay, and I've given them the shortfall...I'm no hero, I just think it's the decent thing to do.

I don't know if it's standard practice there. But when I went to one of the midwest states in America, I went into a supermarket, filled the trolley with shopping, got to the checkout, where someone took control of the trolley, loaded all the stuff onto the conveyor, someone else scanned it through, then someone else packed it neatly and bagged back into the trolley, then someone wheeled it out to the car, and loaded it into the car for me. I literally didn't have to lift a finger.

I was utterly gobsmacked...Now that's what I call 'customer service'....Needless to say, I didn't shop anywhere else.

Back on topic, I have been in a supermarket on more than one occasion where the person before me didn't have quite enough money to pay, and I've given them the shortfall...I'm no hero, I just think it's the decent thing to do.

Being a hero is just for the moment, being what you are is for life, you are to be admired

Being a hero is just for the moment, being what you are is for life, you are to be admired

Awwww..thank you!

However there is an ulterior motive. If I'm behind them at a checkout, imagine the pithering about needed to sort out the problem? I'm not the most patient of people and loath queuing, so it's much easier and quicker to pay the shortfall for them and get things moving. It kills two birds with one stone. I've been kind to someone, and saved myself from hanging around waiting...