How often do you clean your shoes?

I have to admit that dirty shoes are one of my pet hates. I think that mucky shoes says 'slack person'.

I think that it stems back to my childhood when we used to have 'shoe shine' inpections in assembly.

We all had to line up while the headteacher walked down the line inspecting to see if we hadpolished our shoes. God help anybody who hadn't!

I used to be the one who ended up with filthy marks at the back of my long white socks where I had stood rubbing the front of each shoe on the back of the opposite leg.

I know that loads of people now wear trainers but if you wear leather shoes do you ever clean them with polish or is it an outdated activity. I still polish mine rigorously on a regular basis.

sorry, i dont wear shoes, just trainers, converse ones at that, and converse look pretty crappy when clean !!!

actually its just laziness

If I am wearing shoes for going out then I clean them before I wear them everytime.

You mean you can actually clean shoes? Wow, I just thought that was a sign they needed replacing. What a fool I've been all these years, just think of the money I could have saved.

I might have to clean my trainers more now they're white. Hardly ever did it before.

Originally posted by Sidla

I might have to clean my trainers more now they're white. Hardly ever did it before.

You wear white trainers? *snigger* You're not from Essex are you?!

I clean my work shoes about once a week, and smart shoes for going out in about once a month... don't clean trainers but do put them through the washing machine once in a while.

before anyone takes offence, I'm from Essex and am therefore allowed to comment - :P

I don't get the joke, are people from Essex known for wearing white trainers or something?

5 times a week - well someone has to look smart!

my boots are polished when i can persuade someone else to do them, (i have trouble polishing shoes never mind my new rocks!!) but they dont need doing that often anyways!

I have that many shoes they don't get worn enough to get dirty! lol

errr...........looks over shoulder

Never, ever, ever, ever, ever

I just walk in puddles to clean my shoes :P:thumbsup: