Seen any Waxwings please

I don't think there have been any sightings in that area for a couple of weeks now. I also think that the piece on winterwatch was filmed in early January.

Only just seen this thread. I saw a small group (probably 10 to 12, tops) land on one of the small trees in the middle of the Lidl car park on Little London Road, around the 18th or 19th. They only stayed for about 5 seconds before flying off again.

Still 26 of them outside 604 Manchester Road in Crosspool at 4pm today. They were mopping up berries off the ground but easily disturbed. The tall trees along here seem to be a staging post on their return to roost in the conifers at Redmires.

Nothing outside number 604 , one solitary waxwing roosting in a tree outside 681 at 12.15 today 20/01/2017

Very few sightings on Sheffield Bird Study Group website recently. All the Rowan at the bottom of Hanover Way have been picked bare.

One solitary waxwing and only the second time I've seen one the first time was when I was a kid back in 1971 so I was chuffed to see this today! Managed to photograph it too.

150+ trilling away on Burngreave Green today. Bizarre juxtaposition for us birders as behind them guys were praying on the pavement outside the mosque.

There were lots of people around the green and yet it surprised us how few even noticed the waxwings even when groups of 50 or more descended to head height to feed on the berries by the bus stop!

150+ trilling away on Burngreave Green today. Bizarre juxtaposition for us birders as behind them guys were praying on the pavement outside the mosque.

There were lots of people around the green and yet it surprised us how few even noticed the waxwings even when groups of 50 or more descended to head height to feed on the berries by the bus stop!

That's fantastic Paul. I live not too far away from the green and I've never seen them around there before. Normally when the waxwings come through Burngreave they strip the rowans on Pitsmoor road (just below Unigraph UK) and then move on. And if it wasn't for the influx of redwings and the local blackbird population they could have feasted on the rowans in Abbeyfield park and Burngreave Cemetery. But unfortunately these have usually been stripped clean by early January.

Woodhouse cemetery about 30 of them

Are the Waxwings on their way home yet?

If not now when?

There were some waxwings in Millhouses Park a fortnight since. I haven't seen any more recently.

Saw a single waxwing in Norton Lees a fortnight ago, normally I'd see a dozen together but not been out much lately through the day, on the other hand I did spot my first hipster last night [looked just like the memes], are they nocturnal? :huh::)