Seen any Waxwings please

Have not seen any waxwings yet, and we Have seen no starlings at all this year in our garden,strange.

Saw some in trees on Shorthand St. near to inner ring road earlier today

Dusky Thrush out at Beeley and today a Shrike towards Cuthorpe.

Just saw a large flock at bottom of Hanover Way, on the right going down towards Ecclesall Road. Must have been nearly 100 birds with a number of Redwings also mixed in.

Quite a large flock in the wooded area around Underbank Reservoir, mid-day today.

Cemetery Avenue seems to be the hot spot at the moment. Till they move on after stripping the trees bare of berrys.

Again seen a mix of waxwings, redwings and fieldfares through the Peak District. Also, there's an amazing evening sighting of literally hundreds of thousands of starlings coming in to roost at Longstone Edge - Cavendish Mill.

Quite stunning to see.

There has just been a video of Waxwings in Sheffield on Winterwatch on BBC2. I recognised the underpass near Waitrose. But not sure of the road where they were seen. (it will be on I-player about 25mins in)

Yes I've just watched it I also recognised heeley near Halfords! Can anyone verify if they are still around that area

Yes I've just watched it I also recognised heeley near Halfords! Can anyone verify if they are still around that area

I don't think there have been any sightings in that area for a couple of weeks now. I also think that the piece on winterwatch was filmed in early January.

outside 604 Manchester Road is the lastest place I've seen them. But, last day or two as they have nearly stripped the Rowan they are targeting.

There has just been a video of Waxwings in Sheffield on Winterwatch on BBC2. I recognised the underpass near Waitrose. But not sure of the road where they were seen. (it will be on I-player about 25mins in)

They were filmd on London Rd and Hill St area