Sheffield Wednesday v Wolverhampton Wanderers 02/01/17

This is one thing that bugs me about Carlos. He said exactly the same when we played Boro last year.

It is what it is and as you say Wolves had the same gap

I should imagine it bugs most people. I don't think managers should make comments about this even if it's true. I'm talking in general terms, not about CC or Wednesday. Saying that it has been a busy period for players and they are just human beings after all. It's not just about playing football, it's the intensity too which will be emotionally tiring.

I don't quite buy the tired players thing, Wolves have played the same.

He should get them players climbing Alps and Pyrenees seven hours a day for three weeks int Tour de France or carrying hod to two bricklayers on bonus they'd know all about tiredness then.:hihi:

You said it yourself earlier on in the season. IF playing a couple of games in a few days is a problem..Then you have a squad of 27 players therefore you should be able to rest certain players with able back up?

I mean Urby Emanuelson is it? He quoted himself as one of the "higher earners" in the squad, yet he hasn't featured?

I don't know what terms Emanuelson was signed on but he was always a gamble having not played for over two seasons, I doubt the club would put him on a high wage as he has to rediscover himself, he hasn't played because he's currently injured.

in my opinion Owls arnt going up this yr , they will just get into playoffs at a push but lose , something is a miss . I fear other teams will start to push for play off places now . very lucky today to get a result

I don't know what terms Emanuelson was signed on but he was always a gamble having not played for over two seasons, I doubt the club would put him on a high wage as he has to rediscover himself, he hasn't played because he's currently injured.

That's different to what Emmanuelson said himself re money though. He did post somewhere he was the highest paid player at the club

in my opinion Owls arnt going up this yr , they will just get into playoffs at a push but lose , something is a miss . I fear other teams will start to push for play off places now . very lucky today to get a result

As an Owls fan since 1957, they are not going anywhere this season! Too much inconsistency, don't score enough goals and too many teams around the play off places in better form. The real reason tho' is those crap home kits ! and let's be shut of those next year when they play the likes of Swansea City and Scunthorpe United.

Please wear them when the blades visit next year!!!

As an Owls fan since 1957, they are not going anywhere this season! Too much inconsistency, don't score enough goals and too many teams around the play off places in better form. The real reason tho' is those crap home kits ! and let's be shut of those next year when they play the likes of Swansea City and Scunthorpe United.

Must admit it doesn't look like Wednesday any more than our kits last year looked like

United. Bloody awful white shirt and red shorts. Not sure what planet the owners are on sometimes, e.g. Cardiff City in red shirts and Hull Tigers !

Great turnout of 30k today for the owls, very impressive and if you keep up there you could get a string of similar gates on the run-in - great backing from the fans! :)

You can't win every game, but even with a slightly disappointing draw, you're still nicely tucked away in the playoffs with a couple of points lead over Derby, so you can't be too unhappy with that springboard going into the second half of the season.

a couple of signings to add a bit of depth or extra quality this month might just be enough to guarantee a playoff spot, and with the teams likely to be in there with you (Leeds, Reading, Hudders, Derby, Barnsley, Norwich, Fulham), you've no-one really to fear amongst them (whereas Hull had that Premier League extra class last year that made a difference in the final). Automatic looks some way off at the moment, but it's not impossible...

I don't think it's unrealistic for a triple South Yorkshire promotion this season, with Donny, the blades and the owls all in with a strong shout of going up... :)

Still can't get used to the owls wearing what looks like an Ipswich shirt though... but at least you can revert back to a more traditional effort for the 150 years celebrations next season...?

I don't quite buy the tired players thing, Wolves have played the same.

It's a good job they don't have to put a full shift in 5 days a week,there's more managers coming out with tired excuses,2 games in 48 hours,my heart bleeds.

It's a good job they don't have to put a full shift in 5 days a week,there's more managers coming out with tired excuses,2 games in 48 hours,my heart bleeds.

I get what you are saying but I don't think being a footballer is no longer a couple of hours at the training ground and 1-2 games a week.

The modern game seems a lot more intense, with added pressures outside the training ground. They seems to be more expected of them and are more answerable to people and should imagine they don't get chance to switch off much.

I do agree though that folk would be annoyed at the managers statement - especially when you know other people work all day and some, through Christmas.

Saying that, in terms of your club, it does seem a mystery that your players seem tired and other teams don't show it.

European managers seem to play the tired card more than british managers do too I've noticed. Especially PL managers, think it's a culture shock lol.

Edited by Futures Red

Another game we should be winning but didn't. The only positive is the defence is looking like its back to its best but I've said many times we aren't good enough for automatic and certainly wont be anytime this season. We need a couple of shrewd attacking signings if we are to have a chance. At the moment we'll just scrape into the playoffs but id of took that a couple of seasons back so not grumbling too much.

I dont buy the tired excuse either