Sheffield Wednesday v Wolverhampton Wanderers 02/01/17

I set of for Hillsborough today and as usual I am thinking today we will stuffem.

Today our stars who have cost millions will finally show us why our chairman has spent all the money on these players who should be setting this division alight .

So along with 31000 others I sit down hoping that Carlos has learned from the majority of home matches and instructed these stars that playing in your own half is not entertaining the customers and will not score you the hat full of goals that these paying lads and lasses are all anticipating.

Instead of the up and at em that we all are hoping for what happens ??the same old lets pass the ball about in our own half , lets pass it across the field and then back to defence and the goalkeeper, in other words lets defend at home as has happened for most of this season and especially in the last three home matches ,matches in which we have been fortunate not to lose often scrambling home in the last kick of the game .

Today we were worse than ever and Wolves (a poor team ) should have won the game at least 3-0 if we are honest , 31000 of us journeyed home frozen stiff and pithed off because either Carlos has got the tactics wrong or the players are not up for it .

My self I believe its the former and some one should tell them that the 31000 have gone out on a cold day and be it win ,lose or draw the most important thing is entertainment .

Edited by samssong

I think Leeds or Reading might catch Newcastle. Blackburn have now done the double over the BarCodes.

Wednesday aren't losing. Derby, Vile, Fulham, Norwich all inconsistent

I think Leeds or Reading might catch Newcastle. Blackburn have now done the double over the BarCodes.

Wednesday aren't losing. Derby, Vile, Fulham, Norwich all inconsistent

and Barnsley now catching us lol

The words of many an angry Owls fan on Praise Or Grumble right now......

The same things are being said...."I went to Preston and I went today and we have been really poor in both games"

Two seperate callers have said that you are a poor team who rely heavily on FF and Lees is it?.....I am merely repeating what your supporters who have been are saying.

Like I've said before PorG is in no way a barometer of the general view of Owls fans, tends to be people who speak before thinking, I'm also surprised you have time to pick over every negative every week (even after the Newcastle game).

On topic - poor performance today and no real reason for it against an average Wolves side who were marginally better but not all over us, a let down for a big crowd who were given nothing to shout about.

A few pluses - Hutch was fantastic again and the only one with any drive today.

Vincent Sasso did what he is there to do by standing in ably at CB in place of Loovens, why would we want to sell a stand in CB.

Lucas Joao had plenty of the ball as sub but seems to have faded after his early promise.

Such is the nature of this league we are a point better off in 6th than before it, need to rest players in the Cup next week and come back and show whether we are capable of promotion or not.

Over 30k there,when did we last have that in Sheffield?the team let us down today and Wolves fully deserved their result.

This season against villa.

A shocking performance. I honestly thought we'd build on The Newcastle result but we've been shocking in the 2 games since. And to be honest we've been shocking at home for the last few games despite winning.

FF looked like he didn't give a flying for most of today as well

Low scoring game as both sides are poor in front of goal.however owls defence is tighter than wolves.

0-0

Probably the easiest result to have picked today

Over 30k there,when did we last have that in Sheffield?the team let us down today and Wolves fully deserved their result.

I always find the old attendance debate a little comical and cringeworthy.

Truth be said, judging by the sound of it...Wolves will probably feel annoyed that they didn't stake all three points, which incidentally is what it sounds like they actually deserved.

I always find the old attendance debate a little comical and cringeworthy.

Truth be said, judging by the sound of it...Wolves will probably feel annoyed that they didn't stake all three points, which incidentally is what it sounds like they actually deserved.

We've deserved 3 on many occasions and not got them, that's football. Anybody would think Wolves played like Barca today, they didn't we just weren't at the races but got a point.

You can watch it back on your thingy player and let us know.

CCs review of the game

I don't quite buy the tired players thing, Wolves have played the same.

This is one thing that bugs me about Carlos. He said exactly the same when we played Boro last year.

It is what it is and as you say Wolves had the same gap

You said it yourself earlier on in the season. IF playing a couple of games in a few days is a problem..Then you have a squad of 27 players therefore you should be able to rest certain players with able back up?

I mean Urby Emanuelson is it? He quoted himself as one of the "higher earners" in the squad, yet he hasn't featured?