Carboot Megathread 2017

Has a date been organised for Tesco Infirmary Road's next carboot sale please? The last one was very good.

Thanks a lot.

The banner outside the store says Sunday 21st May.

Pedlars Corner Carboot on tomorrow Abbeydale Picture House in the Antiques Quarter 10-2 (ends hour earlier due to silent film festival. :cool

Pedlars Corner Carboot on tomorrow Abbeydale Picture House in the Antiques Quarter 10-2 (ends hour earlier due to silent film festival. :cool

in my opinion it does not have the feel of a proper car boot (I'm perhaps being a little unfair here, but a £1 entry fee for what are actually a relatively small number of stalls is a little steep (I'm being petty here I know). But I have been disappointed every time I have been.

Sheffield Transport Sports Club next carboot will be bank holiday Monday 29th May, 7 am start. Hopefully we will be luckier with the weather this time!! Hot food available on site too!! Tel 0114 2373216 for more info!

Thanks a lot for info re Tesco's next date.

in my opinion it does not have the feel of a proper car boot (I'm perhaps being a little unfair here, but a £1 entry fee for what are actually a relatively small number of stalls is a little steep (I'm being petty here I know). But I have been disappointed every time I have been.

It's not a proper Carboot it's a community event that supports this iconic sheffield building. Most people who come know that. It's not for everyone and it's a city event in a beautiful building with character that wouldn't have its doors open if it wasn't for my events helping them prize them open. I'm proud of what this 'Carboot's' doing. It costs me over £600 to put it on so I need a £1 entry to keep them going.

For those that want 500 Cars in a field for £2 car park charge go for it. At least we stay open when it rains. Our traders and customers come back again and again. If I'd have listened to the first ever comment I got after my first ever one on sheffield forum I'd have stopped them then and there. ''Know it was your first hope it was your last''. I've given up on the few negative and unthoughtful comments that hold me and my events back.

In fact I'm fed up with sheffield forums habit of attracting rude and negative comments. Goodbye.

Edited by AntiquesQtr
Spelling

It's not a proper Carboot it's a community event that supports this iconic sheffield building. Most people who come know that. It's not for everyone and it's a city event in a beautiful building with character that wouldn't have its doors open if it wasn't for my events helping them prize them open. I'm proud of what this 'Carboot's' doing. It costs me over £600 to put it on so I need a £1 entry to keep them going.

For those that want 500 Cars in a field for £2 car park charge go for it. At least we stay open when it rains. Our traders and customers come back again and again. If I'd have listened to the first ever comment I got after my first ever one on sheffield forum I'd have stopped them then and there. ''Know it was your first hope it was your last''. I've given up on the few negative and unthoughtful comments that hold me and my events back.

In fact I'm fed up with sheffield forums habit of attracting rude and negative comments. Goodbye.

I am sorry for my post. Now you have explained things I regret posting it. I agree that anything that supports the upkeep of the building is to be welcomed. So I won't mind if the mods removed my post.

the main thing is the liscence as you can only have 3 events,then you move onto commercial I think,but ring the council liscences dept in the market if not already done,

its not easy and again check in Sheffield must pre-book as you cant have more than 100

unless commercial ,must have insurance,plans for the area in case of fire,may need a

events liscence as well from Attercliffe,dont think £5 a plot will cover your costs with stewards ect,wish you all the best,but it will need a lot of work.

the main thing is the liscence as you can only have 3 events,then you move onto commercial I think,but ring the council liscences dept in the market if not already done,

its not easy and again check in Sheffield must pre-book as you cant have more than 100

unless commercial ,must have insurance,plans for the area in case of fire,may need a

events liscence as well from Attercliffe,dont think £5 a plot will cover your costs with stewards ect,wish you all the best,but it will need a lot of work.

I have been in contact with the Markets Dept. regarding this same situation, and was told that I could have 14 events in a year, then need planning permission. You make the process sound so complicated and expensive but I certainly didn't find that to be the case. If this person does contact the Council they will find out the true process for themselves. Recommend they contact them asap for advice

HIGH STORRS SCHOOL PTA

High Storr's School Car Boot & Plant Sale is this Weekend!

Sunday 14th May 10am-1pm

With Food & Refreshments

High Storrs Road S11 7LH

re-bianco,i was not trying to put you off,but after 9 years of organising a huge event with a 15,000 footfall,its not easy,i once had a chap who tried to sue us for a brand new chair failing to with stand his huge frame and although he with drew his huge claim it could of resulted in us being uninsureable,defra nearly closed us down,due to

a error by a stall holder,we were always told that all stalls must be pre-booked as you cannot go over 100 unless you have the bigger liscence,then toilet rules,disabled rules,disposal of litter and health safety rules,but as you have all these in place I wish you good luck,but be carefull as theres always the claim gamers so to speak and ensure you have 10 million or more public liability,all the best and good luck I hope it goes well.

re-bianco,i was not trying to put you off,but after 9 years of organising a huge event with a 15,000 footfall,its not easy,i once had a chap who tried to sue us for a brand new chair failing to with stand his huge frame and although he with drew his huge claim it could of resulted in us being uninsureable,defra nearly closed us down,due to

a error by a stall holder,we were always told that all stalls must be pre-booked as you cannot go over 100 unless you have the bigger liscence,then toilet rules,disabled rules,disposal of litter and health safety rules,but as you have all these in place I wish you good luck,but be carefull as theres always the claim gamers so to speak and ensure you have 10 million or more public liability,all the best and good luck I hope it goes well.

I was there when the chair incident occured, I remember what happened, who it was and also how it was dealt with