Ditchingham Road Pitsmoor

Who lived on this road.

Where abouts in Pitsmoor was this and what years are you intrested in?

me when i was about 4/5 yrs old with my parents plus my grandma and uncle

now 48 yr old

i remember it got knocked down and moved to burngreave bank

I remember when they were knocking it down, at that time of day they had to burn a lot of the wood on site, but fired the houses from one end to the other at six in the morning, that was on thel left going down the other houses were still lived in, also some cars parked on the road got damaged by the heat, I was a fireman that went to it.

Had a friend who lived at the top of Ditchingham in one of the bay windowed houses her name was Cynthia Noble. 1960s.

Where abouts in Pitsmoor was this and what years are you intrested in?

Ditchingham Road was in the Burngreave area of Pitsmoor. It ran from Catherine Road -crossing Grimesthorpe Road at the Brunswick Arms- to Ellesmere Road. Ditchingham Street continued on after that to Earsham Street.

Roads parallel to it on either side were Clun Road and Buckenham Road.

The decades were the 40s,50s,60s, until the houses were demolished.

My grandad did. He lived at no25 in 1928 when he got married. I've got a photo which I think might have been this road. Does anyone know if it was quite a steep road?

it was a very steep hill

My grandad did. He lived at no25 in 1928 when he got married...
Here is a link to a picturesheffield.com photo - the bay-windowed house at the far right or one a little further up could be No 25. Edited by hillsbro

Some families I recall from that road, (not all family members included) ; the Colk's - Ernest (father), son Paul. Cresswell's (son Ernest). Hall's (son Steve) and Stuart Lloyd who lived at the top, corner Catherine Road.

I lived on Ditchingham St when I was a kid. Ditchingham Rd was a lot steeper and I remember flying down it on both a trolly & in the winter a sledge across Grimesthorp Rd then Ellesmere Rd there wasn't much traffic in the 60s a good job really.