Best place to buy cheap pc.

Ideally I'd like a desktop pc like the compaq evo small form factor they have now.

If a tower can be layed on its side that would suffice as didn't know could do that.

Just something inexpensive running Windows 7 or 10 I guess, an up to date version as the current pc is xp pro and things starting to not work.

Maybe have a look at 2nd-user/refurb'd Acer Revo's (and similar), they're around your £70 baseline budget these days. Most have a 120GB HDD or bigger and a couple gigs of RAM at least, and will happily run 7 or 10.

"Desktops" don't get much smaller, and they should be able to cater for minimal use (web, youtube) without any problems for a good while yet. Very quiet and very frugal with electricity; best thing is, you can mount them to the back of most flat-screen monitors (17" and up) using VESA mounting points, and save a fair bit of space compared to a desktop (even including SFF desktop/tower).

Example :)

Edited by L00b

The one I gat from Aspire is a small form Dell Optiplex 990.

Second generation I5 processor with 8 gig of ram.

Was £90 with 4 gig of ram but i paid An extra 20 to upgrade to 8 gig

6 monthss warranty

The one I gat from Aspire is a small form Dell Optiplex 990.

Second generation I5 processor with 8 gig of ram.

Was £90 with 4 gig of ram but i paid An extra 20 to upgrade to 8 gig

6 monthss warranty

That sounded like a really good deal actually, I would have expected it to cost twice that based on the prices I have seen.

Even from Aspire, i5,i7 usually seem to keep their value.

Be careful if you do look for things like Acer Revo, the low-end models are only about as fast as 15 year old PCs.

Edited by AlexAtkin