Sheffield United v Northampton 31/12/16

Yes we do need another striker. Good to see Freeman on the score sheet but need a bit more dimension. Trouble is, you don't want to upset the apple cart.

Not that much wrong with Clarke and Sharp today, they worked really hard for eachother and had it not been for they keeper making decent saves....both would have scored.

Lavery came on and gave us that "different dimension" and then another positive change from Wilder saw Scougall come on for Basham and switch back to that dominant 5 man midfield.

Of course another striker with some ability will never be frowned at however I don't think we lack up top...Perhaps offload Matt Done and bring one in.

Top of the table going into 2017....:banana::banana::banana:

Not that much wrong with Clarke and Sharp today, they worked really hard for eachother and had it not been for they keeper making decent saves....both would have scored.

Lavery came on and gave us that "different dimension" and then another positive change from Wilder saw Scougall come on for Basham and switch back to that dominant 5 man midfield.

Of course another striker with some ability will never be frowned at however I don't think we lack up top...Perhaps offload Matt Done and bring one in.

Its nearly over but thats my quote of 2016 - brilliant :hihi::hihi::hihi:

You cant argue with top spot at this stage of the season, I saw a stat from the Championship last week showing how the teams who are top at this time have fared and I think there was only Watford who had failed to finish in the top 2 in about 12 seasons.

Its a fairly weak L1 but you can only beat whats put in front of you and thats what your doing, its gonna take a massive collapse (which I dont think will happen) to prevent you going up and it may be even as Champions.

Wilder has done a good job and Mccabe seems to have kept in the background when in recent years he's seemed to undermine the managers. A good end to 2016 and plenty of promise for both clubs.

We are top of the league....i say we are top of the league!

We are top of the league.... I say we are top of the league...

24,000+ Blades fans were lucky enough to see us go top of the league.......HAPPY NEW YEAR! UTB!

Edited by green_man

24,000+ Blades fans were lucky enough to see us go top of the league.......HAPPY NEW YEAR! UTB!

Happy new year :D

I know it is normal for the xmas games to draw bigger crowds but 25, 000 and 24,000 for the 3rd div is amazing .Some premier and championship clubs would be over the moon with those gates.50,000 fans in a week should tell the owners what to expect if the club were ever successful ,after all this is known as the pub league and I can not say Northampton are a top draw .

By the way is it me every time that pocket Battleship Scougall gets a chance the Blades look a different team ,he always seems to make a big impact even if it's him hitting the deck but seriously he seems to make a big difference.

Edited by petcharlie
scougal

I thought for the first 15 minutes, they probably edged it. But after that it was men towards their goal.

We deserved the victory as we had the most possesion, shots etc etc. But I just didn't see where a goal was coming from.

Another 3 points, top of the league and plenty to look forward.

Bring on Bury,