Can SCC stoop any lower ?

Can you also explain why there is not a warden in sight on match days before kick off when they could advise people on parking (inc away supporters ) but they some how mysteriously appear ten minutes after kick off , if its not to earn more money for the council ,or is it.

Any competent road user would know where they can park legally, they shouldn't need a warden to advise them.

I have never mentioned parking in the door way which would be impossible due to the ramp and steps .

The spot I mention is on the foot path in front of the Town Hall fronting Pinstone Street where official cars can often be seen parked up .

Are the employees and officials who's illegal parking is ignored by the wardens different to ordinary citizens who would get a ticket immediately if they parked in that spot .

By the way you have still not answered why the side roads on Langsett Road are deemed as clearways because the tram runs on that road but the same does apply on Holme Lane or other main line routes ,

Can you also explain why there is not a warden in sight on match days before kick off when they could advise people on parking (inc away supporters ) but they some how mysteriously appear ten minutes after kick off , if its not to earn more money for the council ,or is it.

Why should we employ a warden to tell them something that a competent road user should know?

Yes. They could resort to speeding, going through red lights, mortgage fraud and tax evasion like you do.

---------- Post added 30-12-2016 at 09:17 ----------

How do you make that out? The article said he parked there for 5 hours without paying. He had 4 hours of free parking and wasn't ticketed for another hour after that. He could have gone out any time and paid the parking fare. And it was only £25. People like him should just stop whingeing and follow the rules.

Yeah , because nipping out to check on his parking time should have been the first thing he thought of whilst he was in the hospital supporting his partner who was going through a chemotherapy session for cancer.

The spot I mention is on the foot path in front of the Town Hall fronting Pinstone Street where official cars can often be seen parked up .

Are the employees and officials who's illegal parking is ignored by the wardens different to ordinary citizens who would get a ticket immediately if they parked in that spot ..

The council own the land. They can therefore drive vehicles onto it if they wish.

The council own the land. They can therefore drive vehicles onto it if they wish.

It is a public footpath

---------- Post added 30-12-2016 at 13:37 ----------

Why should we employ a warden to tell them something that a competent road user should know?

So why are they not around before a match starts .

Yes. They could resort to speeding, going through red lights, mortgage fraud and tax evasion like you do.

---------- Post added 30-12-2016 at 09:17 ----------

How do you make that out? The article said he parked there for 5 hours without paying. He had 4 hours of free parking and wasn't ticketed for another hour after that. He could have gone out any time and paid the parking fare. And it was only £25. People like him should just stop whingeing and follow the rules.

Couldnt agree more.

“There has never been a problem before and I was unaware the maximum time I could park at that location was four hours.”

Its his fault if he didnt know what the blue badge entitled them to.

“On this occasion our enforcement officer allowed extra time for the car to be moved and didn’t issue a penalty charge notice until more than an hour had passed over the allowed time.

They still have him the extra hour.

Might have veen different if he had been the one undergoing chemo, but he could have nopped out and paid for a ticket extension.

I have never mentioned parking in the door way

I typed footway and my phone decided to put doorway!

It is a public footpath

---------- Post added 30-12-2016 at 13:37 ----------

So why are they not around before a match starts .

It is? It's not show as one on the map I have here. Ergo it's perfectly permissible for the council to block it if it needs or merely wants to as it's not part of the highway.

Are the employees and officials who's illegal parking is ignored by the wardens different to ordinary citizens who would get a ticket immediately if they parked in that spot .

By the way you have still not answered why the side roads on Langsett Road are deemed as clearways because the tram runs on that road but the same does apply on Holme Lane or other main line routes ,

Are these liveried SCC vehicles? How do you know they belong to SCC "officials"? A lot of people park around here for ceremonies at the registry office? Personally, I can't say I've ever seen liveried SCC vehicles there. The bay in front of the town hall is for loading, so you may well see vehicles in there.

Yes I have previously answered the question about the clearways. It is a clearway because Her Majesty's Railway Inspectorate told the Council to use that restriction. The decisions like that were taken well over 20 years ago and no-one left at the Council remembers why Holme Lane was not treated the same way. Why something was done 20+ yeas ago is immaterial. The restrictions are there, they are signed and lined as required by the regulations, they are enforceable and motorists are expected to comply with them.

I would have thought that it was obvious why the CEO's aren't around before the match. It's because they would be an obvious target for antisocial behaviour. For that reason they arrive after kick off and depart before people start to leave the game.

It is not a CEO's function to advise people where to park. Experienced motorists are expected to know what UK parking restrictions mean and comply with them.

I typed footway and my phone decided to put doorway!

Is it four kerbs long.

---------- Post added 30-12-2016 at 15:33 ----------

It is? It's not show as one on the map I have here. Ergo it's perfectly permissible for the council to block it if it needs or merely wants to as it's not part of the highway.

Ok the footpath on Pinstone Street is not a public right of way you win ta ra.

"Yeah , because nipping out to check on his parking time should have been the first thing he thought of whilst he was in the hospital supporting his partner who was going through a chemotherapy session for cancer. "

I get what you mean by this. However, when my Dad was dying I got the call from the hospital to attend if I wanted to be there for his last moments.

Of course I went, obviously he couldn't decide to die before my ticket ran out, and I was aware when it ran out. Not wanting to leave him I made the decision to suffer the consequences. My choice, it was well worth the fine not to leave him. And I wasn't even slightly miffed by it, I made the right choice for a loved one.

However, on Christmas eve. late afternoon I nipped into the shop for one item, returned to a parking fine. This time I was really miffed, it being Christmas eve. etc.

I parked illegally and got what I deserved.

I overstayed and got what I deserved :-(

Guest busdriver1
"Yeah , because nipping out to check on his parking time should have been the first thing he thought of whilst he was in the hospital supporting his partner who was going through a chemotherapy session for cancer. "

I get what you mean by this. However, when my Dad was dying I got the call from the hospital to attend if I wanted to be there for his last moments.

Of course I went, obviously he couldn't decide to die before my ticket ran out, and I was aware when it ran out. Not wanting to leave him I made the decision to suffer the consequences. My choice, it was well worth the fine not to leave him. And I wasn't even slightly miffed by it, I made the right choice for a loved one.

However, on Christmas eve. late afternoon I nipped into the shop for one item, returned to a parking fine. This time I was really miffed, it being Christmas eve. etc.

I parked illegally and got what I deserved.

I overstayed and got what I deserved :-(

Sorry but accepting responsibility for your actions is NOT the way this forum works, kindly desist.