Alternative to Tea & Coffee

You have a decayed root in your molar, get an x-ray from your dentist. Had the exact same problem.

You have a decayed root in your molar, get an x-ray from your dentist. Had the exact same problem.

I will endorse this. I had the same problems as you and ultimately the bone got badly infected. Do see a dentist and ask for an x ray.

Meanwhile mint tea can be got as a herbal tea loose or ready bagged, nettle tea is surprisingly good. there are lots of fruit tea mixes too. Try liquorice as a drink(helps to expel mucus)or in sweets. Do read the ingredients list on any bags of herbal teas, to make sure it is not simply ordinary tea with a flavouring.

I also drink hot diluted orange juice and children love warm blackcurrent in winter Lots of the drinks recommended on other posts are very salty so be careful of how much you take of things like bovril meso oxo etc. I would definately not use cuppa soups as a drink in place of other fluids.

Just going to finish my Prosecco. Hic. giggle.

Tetleys now do a green tea with lemon and honey on offer at Asda for £1

I work for a Sheffield-based importer & distributor of teas selling mainly traditional teas. However we also offer a lovely range of natural herbal teas that are ethically sourced, organic and eco-friendly.

If you (or any SF member) want some samples posting, email me at my business email - robert@basilurteauk.net and I'll forward some for you to taste. They'll make a refreshing change from normal tea and coffee and there's some great natural flavours for you to try.

For anyone wanting a taste of our traditional teas - here's a link to our website. Again, I'm happy to post out samples to anyone wanting to try.

http://www.basilurtea.net/

I prefer herbal teas to ordinary teas plus they can be beneficial to health.

Fennel tea, good for stomach upsets and for women reduces period pain.

Green tea, helps to detox the liver and gallbladder .

Ginger tea, anti sick and upset stomachs.

Dandolion tea, good for the liver.

Any teas with honey is anti bacterial.

Barleycup and Caro, both drinks caffeine free and available in Holland and Barrett

Yes to these, Barleycup is great and very nourishing, I had to give tea up years ago(had huge headaches when I did) though i do have Rooibosh.

Only thing is Barleycup has gone up in price so much since the Polish company was taken over(and rise in grain globally) around 4.25 for 200g jar now, I recommend buting six jars at one on amazon uk, which works out at 3.75, jar.

Merry Christmas everyone!

2 weeks ago I started with cold like symptoms. I usually get tinitus plus pain in the upper molars.

This time round the tinitus never came but the pain in the teeth was horrendous. Had to go to the emergency doctor Xmas eve. Diagnosed acute sinusitis. Left side of my face swelled up, left eye partially closed and oh the pain in the upper left molars was absolutely horrendous. I couldn't chew easily so decided to have milky coffee. In the course of 2 days I had 4 large cups of the stuff, each cup contained two heaped teaspoons of instant coffee plus sweetener. Well, the pain that followed was simply unreal. I really honestly wanted someone to chop my head off!! It was that bad, nothing would take it off. In the past 2 weeks I've gone through several packs of paracetamol and ibuprofen, giant pack of lemsips, 3 packs of sudafeds plus the antibiotics the doctor prescribed.

The pain I've endured and the somewhat slight connection I've attributed to drinking coffee has made me stay away from anything and everything that contains caffeine.

Today the pain has almost gone, face returned to normal shape, upper molars much better but not normal yet. I've had 2 cups of tea today and again my head began to hurt. So I'm wanting to quit caffeine completely but don't want to be anti social. I don't drink at all, nor smoke either.

Can anyone recommend a hot drink that can be easily prepared and is relatively common and cheap to boot.

Anyone?

If its the caffeine then redbush tea contains no caffeine

You can also get decaffeinated tea.

Lemon tea

Horlicks

Hot cordial.