Disgraceful city taxi driver

Just had the most horible city taxi driver ever. My husband and I are both disabled. I have a wheeler and my husband has got alzeimers He did not give us any assistance just stopped in the car and let us put the wheeler in the boot did not open the door or anything. We get City taxis all the time and this is the first time this has happened I did give him a mouthful but he took no notice just kept saying " No Problem" I am Disgusted.

Phone the office and complain.....

Posting about it on here will make a big difference...

Defo ring the office to complain.

I saw one knock a kid over and drove off. I rang to inform them and they got the police to arrest him and he was charged and sacked,

It’s disappointing that the taxi driver did not assist you further in making your experience and journey a more pleasant one.

However I think a better course of action would have been to report the issue to the taxi company or the Sheffield City Council.

Your post mentions you use the company often and the majority of the taxi drivers offer this assistance. I believe this has been an 'act of kindness' of those taxi drivers who go out of their way to assist the customer in this case yourself. Maybe seeing this repeated by numerous taxi drivers you felt let down that this particular taxi driver did not reciprocate the same kindness and instead provided you the very basic level of service expected.

You mentioned that you gave the driver a ‘mouthful’ and he did not respond. I feel the driver showed a considerable level of restraint in not replying in a similar fashion. It’s a shame that you feel it appropriate to have a go at the taxi driver (which in turn reflects badly on a local taxi company) on public forums for not providing you a service that is not mandatory (I think) that a taxi driver needs to provide.

I don't agree with the driver's actions and think he should have helped you more, but I also don't agree with you giving him a 'mouthful' and with posting your experience directly on public forums before you have complained through the appropriate channels.

Hello, I have used City for many years now and I have always had good service it is a shame you had a bad driver it is not good like Ghozer said ring them and complain :)

Usually it would just be better to ask for assistance if they don't automatically help. Unfortunately, I cannot see any action being taken over this.

I have had my gripes with City's drivers in the past.

What is very encouraging is that the main office do take complaints seriously and will investigate. I would definitely call them to let them know what happened and it might be a retraining job for the driver concerned.

So wait for the guy to work it out and show some manners by offering assistance. He'll soon get out when he realises his fair isn't going to begin until he does.

What do you hope to achieve by moaning on here?

What did the office say when you complained?

Awww aint you cute :roll:

i would complain as I think it not only is good manners to help a disabled customer,it should be part of the service,hope the matter is sorted sap.

Edited by bassett one
mistake

i would complain as I think it not only is good manners to help a disabled customer,it should be part of the service,hope the matter is sorted sap.

Me too. :mad:

Excel are better than City

Edited by AmberLeaf