Meadowhall Boxing Day

Went on the Lush website earlier and was informed there was 91,378 in front of me and would take more than an hour to get onto it AND that everything was limited stock!

I have just been on the website and it`s now 120640 :o:o goodness me.

Sedith........ Sorry to disappoint but no!

Strange name for a shop though?

Must admit I hadn't heard of it till my daughter wanted some things from there!

Just a FYI, it's possible to bypass the queue-it system very easily, by using an extension such as noscript. (But you have to remember to allow script from lush but not from queue-it)

However - I can get on (just for fun) but it's slow as hell. So it does suggest that the sale is actually that popular and the website that busy (so if everyone bypasses, then it'll pull the site offline)

I am sure that SOMETIMES, SOME companies use queuing software as a tool, if they think their brand is strong enough for people to wait, they want people to have an urgency about buying which is instilled by having to queue

Edited by Squiggs

Anyone thinking of going anywhere near Meadowhall today must be off their head.

There, sorted ;)

---------- Post added 27-12-2016 at 00:15 ----------

Got to town its quieter

Yeah and crapper

Yeah and crapper

But just think of the fresh air! :)

I cannot think of a single thing that I would go to Meadowhall (or town for that matter) on Boxing day and spend the day stuck in traffic, then looking for parking spots, being surrounded by people, and then finish with queuing, then queueing in traffic to get out...

Nothing at all.

Even if the first 10,000 people into a shop got a free 50inch TV (mine broke the other day), I still wouldn't go :hihi:

I cannot think of a single thing that I would go to Meadowhall (or town for that matter) on Boxing day and spend the day stuck in traffic, then looking for parking spots, being surrounded by people, and then finish with queuing, then queueing in traffic to get out......

We went twice yesterday, the first time at 9 and then again at 2 (We went back as we forgot something).

Parking was easy and no queuing to get in or out. Yes, there were a lot of people inside but no so bad as to feel claustrophobic.

So if you had decided you wanted to go shopping, you'd have had none of the problems mentioned.

It's ok - I sent the wife anyway!

But just think of the fresh air! :)

Yip, mixed with diesel and apathy.