People are offended at everything?

What sort of attention?

Should I assume that you mean unwanted negative attention from people who do not like 'campness' because they do not like homosexuality and therefore do not like being reminded that it exists?

Do you think that is a reason why they should change their behaviour?

I do not see why anyone needs to make a point of expressing their sexuality if we are all equal and a person's sexuality is of no consequence to anyone but themselves and their partner.

I do not see why anyone needs to make a point of expressing their sexuality if we are all equal and a person's sexuality is of no consequence to anyone but themselves and their partner.

Do straight people expressing their sexuality (holding hands or kissing in public for example) get the same attention that you seem so against 'camp' people getting? Assuming they don't (as I don't believe they do) why is that behaviour socially acceptable but gay people expressing their sexuality isn't?

This talk about people not being allowed to express their sexuality is usually only reserved for people who do not like homosexuality and use that as an excuse so that they don't have to admit they are actually just homophobic.

Assuming that you are not one of them, are you genuinely suggesting that all displays of sexuality should be kept in private, so no holding hands or kissing in public at all..

Post 107 answers some of your points.

I am not an expert on society's acceptance or non acceptance of behaviours neither am I here to be a punch bag for your objections to society's acceptance and non acceptance of certain behaviours.

I have not said anything on this thread to belittle anyone but have tried to give a reason why I think certain remarks are made.

Thank goodness there are homosexuals, at least I know they have no ulterior motives where my person is concerned;)

Hey, dont put all us Hetros in the same pile. We dont all think with our willies. I sometimes use my brain. Unless you are hot. Are you hot? :hihi:

please explain your comment.

You are making homophobic comments and displaying a homophobic attitude.

I find homophobes repulsive and offensive. Ergo I ignore them unless they change their ways, and report and block them if they dont.

I find homophobes repulsive and offensive. Ergo I ignore them unless they change their ways, and report and block them if they dont.

I think you are reading to much into it. His (or her for that matter) posts dont seem homophobic in the least. Well not to me anyway.

I think I understand the point harvey19 is making. If Richard Hammond had used the word 'camp' instead of 'gay' then nobody would be offended, because both homosexual men and straight men can behave in a camp manner. For example both David Walliams and Duncan Norvelle behave in a camp manner, but neither are homosexual.

It still wouldn't be funny of course, but it would haven't have been offensive to anyone.

---------- Post added 28-12-2016 at 22:04 ----------

The attention attracted.

Are you claiming that some people are camp only in order to attract attention?

And that behaviour that attracts attention is bad? Or is only being camp that attracts attention and is bad?

---------- Post added 28-12-2016 at 22:05 ----------

So you think that people should hide their sexual preference and change who they are, just because you don't think they need to make a point of it? Or perhaps because it makes you feel uncomfortable?

You are making unfounded accusations against me and my posts.

The idea of debate is to exchange views on a subject without prejudice.

I have put forward reasons why I think certain remarks may be made.

I have reported your post.

---------- Post added 28-12-2016 at 22:44 ----------

It still wouldn't be funny of course, but it would haven't have been offensive to anyone.

---------- Post added 28-12-2016 at 22:04 ----------

Are you claiming that some people are camp only in order to attract attention?

And that behaviour that attracts attention is bad? Or is only being camp that attracts attention and is bad?

Read previous replies.

---------- Post added 28-12-2016 at 22:05 ----------

So you think that people should hide their sexual preference and change who they are, just because you don't think they need to make a point of it? Or perhaps because it makes you feel uncomfortable?

I think you are confusing things

You are making unfounded accusations against me and my posts.

The idea of debate is to exchange views on a subject without prejudice.

I have put forward reasons why I think certain remarks may be made.

I have reported your post.

---------- Post added 28-12-2016 at 22:44 ----------

I think you are confusing things

Why do you think Cyclone is confusing things? They are coming to the same conclusion that I am based on your comments.

Perhaps your wording is making what you are meaning to say come out differently, but at the moment I think the questions from Cyclone (and myself) are valid based on what you have said so far. Post #107 didn't really address any of the points I raised.

Why do you think Cyclone is confusing things? They are coming to the same conclusion that I am based on your comments.

Perhaps your wording is making what you are meaning to say come out differently, but at the moment I think the questions from Cyclone (and myself) are valid based on what you have said so far. Post #107 didn't really address any of the points I raised.

I am a bit confused now.

In a simple non specific situation.

All actions create reactions.

Some reactions welcome some not.

Some classed as complimentary some not.

This debate is not about my views but an attempt to put forward reasons why behaviour can happen.

I have probably tried to answer too many individual questions but hope this answers yours.

So as long as its not on your street its OK then, right?

I will ask the earlier poster's question again. If someone on your street DID draw a ejaculating penis in lights in full view of the street would you not complain? Do you think that is an acceptable thing to have displaying in a public environment?

Where is the line, perhaps some female breasts? A mimicked sex act? Some swear words made out of fairy lights? A decapitated santa?

Its sod all to do with being "offended". Its about being respectful to your fellow neighbours and the environment which you are living in.

The moron subject of the video deserved his police visit.

too true, i do not get it why people want to shock others.

---------- Post added 29-12-2016 at 00:15 ----------

When even Clarkson is baffled by his colleague's bigotry, you know that Hammond is being a knob.

as for as i have seen in the grand tour, they have all been knobs especially Hammond.

I think you are reading to much into it. His (or her for that matter) posts dont seem homophobic in the least. Well not to me anyway.

harvey19's use of phrases such as "integrates into society", "live a regular life" contrasting them with others such as "drawing attention to their sexuality" when talking about homosexuals hints at unease with visible expressions of homosexuality. Their complete failure to answer questions about whether they think the issues around visible sexuality also apply to heterosexual people makes it difficult to suppose harvey19 is just referring to any expressions of sexuality (hetero or homo) and simply reinforces the above suspicion. If it is just a case of giving the wrong impression, harvey19 could easily clear up the matter but attempts by various posters to get them to do that have so far failed.