Pimp My Wheelchair Project

Hi everyone.

Some of you may remember that years ago my wheelchair was stolen and members from on here chipped in to get it all repaired etc. Since then the wheelchair now has even more mods and now that it stands now I take it to car shows throughout the UK to display it and raise money for charity. I thought I'd update you all so you can see how far it has come since.

To expand the project CareCo Mobility contacted me and offered to give me a brand new scooter to see what I could do with it. As soon as it arrived I stripped it down and sent the panels off for a custom paint job. It now has 7 inch led light bar on the front and I've had the seat modified. As I wanted it to be different to the wheelchair I spent ages thinking of a big mod I could have done to it. I eventually decided to turn it into a lowrider to make it stand out. As air suspension would add too much weight I've used linear actuators on each wheel so I can raise and lower the height independently. It can lift a wheel off the ground by 1ft even with someone sat on it. Both the wheelchair and scooter have a top of the range alarm system to protect them, as I've had someone try and steal it again since.

Here's a video showing it working. The more they both stand out, the more I can raise for charity.

Here's a video if some lighting fitted to it.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=749621348525153&id=439468002873824

What you think sofar?

That's pretty impressive project! Good work!

People are surprised when they find out that the wheelchair is my daily ride lol. I have to think about what mods going to do that don't hinder how it works. Also have to keep the weight down as the hoist in my car can only lift 100kg and standard it's 85kg lol

You may well have come across John Williamson, but if not some of his stuff worth a read.

Seems to be into modding wheelchairs and is/was into model jet aircraft.

I seem to remember him modding a chair's controller some years ago, so it would pull wheelies :-)

Yes I've spoke to John before. He has actually made his wheelchair radio controlled lol

Yes I've spoke to John before. He has actually made his wheelchair radio controlled lol

If you haven't already, you might want to take a look at some of Colin Furze's mods ;)

Hi everyone.

Some of you may remember that years ago my wheelchair was stolen and members from on here chipped in to get it all repaired etc. Since then the wheelchair now has even more mods and now that it stands now I take it to car shows throughout the UK to display it and raise money for charity. I thought I'd update you all so you can see how far it has come since.

To expand the project CareCo Mobility contacted me and offered to give me a brand new scooter to see what I could do with it. As soon as it arrived I stripped it down and sent the panels off for a custom paint job. It now has 7 inch led light bar on the front and I've had the seat modified. As I wanted it to be different to the wheelchair I spent ages thinking of a big mod I could have done to it. I eventually decided to turn it into a lowrider to make it stand out. As air suspension would add too much weight I've used linear actuators on each wheel so I can raise and lower the height independently. It can lift a wheel off the ground by 1ft even with someone sat on it. Both the wheelchair and scooter have a top of the range alarm system to protect them, as I've had someone try and steal it again since.

Here's a video showing it working. The more they both stand out, the more I can raise for charity.

Here's a video if some lighting fitted to it.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=749621348525153&id=439468002873824

What you think sofar?

bold: really, what's wrong with some people.

-

Yes, it's very impressive!

Nice one TBD! Not sure how helpful the sideways slant is for people with mobility problems, but I could see it come in handy after a boozey night out and not bothering to want to get changed before plonking onto the bed :D