Chromebooks for photo storage and editing.

Im considering buying a new laptop and the chromebooks look attractive because of the price..............and no horrid Windows 10. Would one be any good for storage/editing ?? I dont shoot in Raw and I dont use photoshop. Ive been shooting Jpeg and editing in Picasa. Any help would be appreciated.

Why do you say that Windows 10 is 'horrid'? It is a super operating system and great for handling photographs. You do not have to use apps and can configure it in exactly the same way as a Windows 7. Are you having difficulty with it? Maybe you need help to use it properly?

As photographs take up a lot of space you might have to factor in the cost of a Cloud storage account unless Google gives you plenty of free space. Also, in the case of photo hosting sites, do they automatically compress the pictures? That might not be the best thing in the case of photography.

If you trust a company with your precious photographs/memories then a Chromebook might be OK. Personally, I would rather have my data on my own hard drives although I do use the Cloud too.

Have bought a MacBook Pro Retina. Expensive but brilliant. I store on Google, Cloud and Flickr. The picture definition is fantastic.