Car Parking in the town centre on Boxing Day

Are the council charging to use the car parks on Boxing Day? Had a look online but can't find anything specific about Boxing Day or Bank Holidays in general

It's a public holiday, isn't it? The carpark I use in town charges the same on public holidays as on Sundays, which is £1 for the full day. I see no reason why it would be any different on Boxing Day.

Are the council charging to use the car parks on Boxing Day? Had a look online but can't find anything specific about Boxing Day or Bank Holidays in general

Whatever they tell you take it with a pinch of salt .

Mothersoles obscene salary needs paying and Julie and her gangs expenses have to be covered .

So the parking mafia are spreading their wings even further out of town these days and the only ones who can park on or in restricted areas are them selves.

I believe that the off-street car parks are free on Bank Holidays. There should be details on the car park signs and also information on the pay & display machines.

The Council do not charge for parking on street or off street on public holidays. The info is on the car park information boards and on the pay and display machines.

The Council do not charge for parking on street or off street on public holidays. The info is on the car park information boards and on the pay and display machines.

And I could have sworn it said "includes public and bank holidays" on the machines.

It'd be a lot easier if they put it on the website so you could look it up in advance

It'd be a lot easier if they put it on the website so you could look it up in advance

I'll mention it to the relevant people

Guest makapaka
Whatever they tell you take it with a pinch of salt .

Mothersoles obscene salary needs paying and Julie and her gangs expenses have to be covered .

So the parking mafia are spreading their wings even further out of town these days and the only ones who can park on or in restricted areas are them selves.

This isn't true - parking is free on bank holidays and the council have reduced it after 2pm in run up to Xmas also.