5 evil men convicted of rape and trafficking

These scumbags should get life sentences with very long tariffs, dirty nonces! ?

Looking at the charges and what theyve already been cleared of i dont hold out much hope for long sentences.

Better that theyre now named though and will be locked up for however long that may be.

---------- Post added 21-12-2016 at 23:10 ----------

Can they get sentanced under joint enterprise i wonder so they all get the full term of all offences and no one gets off lightly?

I think it would be appropriate as they were all complicit in the offences.

Looking at the charges and what theyve already been cleared of i dont hold out much hope for long sentences.

Better that theyre now named though and will be locked up for however long that may be.

---------- Post added 21-12-2016 at 23:10 ----------

Can they get sentanced under joint enterprise i wonder so they all get the full term of all offences and no one gets off lightly?

I think it would be appropriate as they were all complicit in the offences.

Just have a look at the sentencing guidelines for rape before you post.

https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/Final_Sexual_Offences_Definitive_Guideline_content_web1.pdf

its page 9

Did you not notice the length of the sentences imposed in Sheffield on some individuals convicted in similar circumstances ?

I think my point is that two of them were cleared of rape charges when its highly unlikely that they didnt and Have only been convicted of traffiking, with one of them having a sexual assault charge on top of that and may recieve lesser sentances.

If they were traffiking girls then it was for the purposes of rape and i hope their sentances reflect that fact.

Hence the joint enterprise question.

Some of the rape charges against the others were also dropped which ultimately will make some of the girls feel that justice has definitely not been served and that they have been let down by the judicial system.

Would be a bit of a travesty if some recieved lesser sentances, they were all involved and contributed knowingly at the very least (thats if you believe they didnt rape anyone personally) to what happened so should all be held responsible.

They preyed as a "gang" so should be sentanced like one too.

I think my point is that two of them were cleared of rape charges when its highly unlikely that they didnt and Have only been convicted of traffiking, with one of them having a sexual assault charge on top of that and may recieve lesser sentances.

If they were traffiking girls then it was for the purposes of rape and i hope their sentances reflect that fact.

Hence the joint enterprise question.

Some of the rape charges against the others were also dropped which ultimately will make some of the girls feel that justice has definitely not been served and that they have been let down by the judicial system.

Would be a bit of a travesty if some recieved lesser sentances, they were all involved and contributed knowingly at the very least (thats if you believe they didnt rape anyone personally) to what happened so should all be held responsible.

They preyed as a "gang" so should be sentanced like one too.

(a) Two were cleared by a jury who heard the evidence - which you did not and are in no position to comment as you have 'highly unlikely they didn't'

(b) We know nothing of the evidence at all - if they were trafficked for the purpose of facilitating sex the sentence will reflect that

© How do you get to opine that because some charges were dropped (or they were acquitted) the complainant will feel let down by the judicial system ?

Is the 'criminal justice system' only to be judged on the basis of convictions?

I always thought it was the evidence based conviction of the guilty myself.

(d) Travesty says who ?

They have been prosecuted for specific offending and if they have been convicted of the same they will be sentenced according to the guidelines

(e) How do you know they were all involved ? Have you read the prosecution case or considered the defence case? If no is the answer to either and it will be you are in no authoritative position to comment are you?

It is impossible to pass any meaningful comments on paper reports of cases - you are told only what the reporter deems appropriate, often inaccurate and on occasions (see the Star daily) plain wrong.

Did you even bother to look at the link to the guidelines ?

Ok, youre probably right.

The others thought they were traffiking teenage girls for days out at alton towers.

My mistake!

The complainents who have been raped will feel let down because the men they know raped them too have got off with some of the rape charges.

You believe that the courts are infallable and always make the right descision if you like.

I know what i believe.

Ok, youre probably right.

The others thought they were traffiking teenage girls for days out at alton towers.

My mistake!

The complainents who have been raped will feel let down because the men they know raped them too have got off with some of the rape charges.

You believe that the courts are infallable and always make the right descision if you like.

I know what i believe.

Got off ? - You mean acquitted by a jury who heard the evidence as opposed to you who hasn't heard a word of it and know nothing of the facts.

The courts are not infallible and that means innocent people are convicted and guilty people are acquitted - thats what happens when the jury is made up of humans and the evidence is gathered by humans, the witnesses are human and the complainant and accused are all human.

Believe what you like - when you are in a proper position to express an informed view about a particular case let us know.

Knowing human nature takes no qualifications.

As does knowing when someone is telling the truth or lying to try and save their own skin.

What did the ones who have just been convicted of traffiking think they were involved in then, enlighten us all?

For you to agree that they were unaware of what was happening or to be oblivious to what happened to the poor girls is naivety at its finest.

They were complicit in the scheme and their actions had a causal effect to facilitate the rape.

If you think that makes them less guilty then i cant agree.

As ive said, i think joint enterprise would make sure that they all felt the weight of the law and not let the ones who have lied and convinced the jury get off lightly.

Sorry.