Bah humbug. Xmas

Why is it that when I tell people I do not like Christmas the words that they hear is I hate Christmas to very different things Christmas to me is just not a special day at all

Last year I overheard somebody saying that they had to clear out their daughters bedroom of the toys they have purchased a year before and the daughter had not even played with in order to make space to buy her more choice that she's probably would not play with I've just found that a little depressing

Nah,. That's just a bit sad.

The silly women clearly feels the only way she can show love to her kids is by spending a fortune .

20 yrs in the future the kids will have forgotten all the gifts and have good memories of a day at the park or a trip to the seaside.

The things real memories are made of

Edited by Easy livin

Christmas. Im not a fan im afraid. I used to be but I find now there is too much pressure. Dont get me wrong my kids are not materialistic but the pressure is still there to give them what they want or need. I dont have parents or siblings or any extended family to buy for which helps I suppose but on the flip side I dont have any parents or siblings or extended family who buy for my kids so its all on us to make sure they have a good Christmas and apart from a few close calls (this year being the closest) we have always managed to give them a reasonable xmas prezzie wise.

Where we excel is with the family aspect. There may be just 4 of us in our family but we have fun, have laughs, we make each other happy and we all wake up boxing day knowing we made it special.

Having said all that I still wouldnt mind if the whole thing was banned

Bar Humbug! :hihi:

Quote from A Christmas Carol

If I could work my will," said Scrooge indignantly, "every idiot who goes about with 'Merry Christmas' on his lips, should be boiled with his own pudding, and buried with a stake of holly through his heart. He should!"

Edited by Mossway
sp

I'm quite into Christmas this year as, unlike last year, it doesn't mess with bin day

I've never felt less in the spirit this year.

I think it's a combination of things where I haven't been too well in the run up and not been on any works do's or anything.Didn't really do any Christmas shopping and I'm working until Friday. I keep forgetting it's 4 days away to be honest.

Bit sad really.

I've never felt less in the spirit this year.

I think it's a combination of things where I haven't been too well in the run up and not been on any works do's or anything.Didn't really do any Christmas shopping and I'm working until Friday. I keep forgetting it's 4 days away to be honest.

Bit sad really.

:huh:

Hmmm...

... Now if only there was a Christmas video you could watch to get you in the festive spirit. :partyhat:

Hmmm...

... Now if only there was a Christmas video you could watch to get you in the festive spirit. :partyhat:

Hilarious video! - well done!

Quote from A Christmas Carol

If I could work my will," said Scrooge indignantly, "every idiot who goes about with 'Merry Christmas' on his lips, should be boiled with his own pudding, and buried with a stake of holly through his heart. He should!"

'Twas a quote on Mastermind several hours later. :o

---------- Post added 22-12-2016 at 00:08 ----------

Hmmm...

That should win some kinda prize if you ask me Mr Bloke. ;)