Best Sausages In Sheffield

Border View Farm Shop

Rod Moor Road

Dronfield Woodhouse

It may seem a broad statement to some but probably the finest sausage that I have ever tasted.

I make regular visits to Border View during BBQ season or when entertaining guests because the produce is absolutely first class and whilst it may be a drive away for me, it is more than worth the trouble.

The normal varieties of Sausages would probably be a breakfast sausage however the Tomato Sausage is a big favourite of ours and would also work and you wouldn't regret it.

It is hard not to walk out of the place with a Pork Pie as well as they are home made and delicious.....Oh and the steak is to die for also.

http://borderview.farm/farm-shop/ - Directions.

Border View Farm Shop

Rod Moor Road

Dronfield Woodhouse

It may seem a broad statement to some but probably the finest sausage that I have ever tasted.

I make regular visits to Border View during BBQ season or when entertaining guests because the produce is absolutely first class and whilst it may be a drive away for me, it is more than worth the trouble.

The normal varieties of Sausages would probably be a breakfast sausage however the Tomato Sausage is a big favourite of ours and would also work and you wouldn't regret it.

It is hard not to walk out of the place with a Pork Pie as well as they are home made and delicious.....Oh and the steak is to die for also.

That's a bit out of my way for this occasion but I will give this a try in the new year.

Got some from John Crawshaws at Hillsborough Barracks, thanks for the suggestions and have a good un folks.

the ones they sell in the whirlow farm shop are lovely but a bit pricey

Meadowhead Meats - proper local butcher, makes his own, very high meat content, has a sausage of the week as well as the regular ones - currently sage and onion.

I'm fussy about sausages - but never had any issue with Mick's

Border View Farm Shop

Rod Moor Road

Dronfield Woodhouse

I went there after I saw a post on here, I thought the sausage was dry and gristly and the skins split

I bought some other stuff that was just avarage.

Still the kids enjoyed looking at the hens

I went there after I saw a post on here, I thought the sausage was dry and gristly and the skins split

I bought some other stuff that was just avarage.

Still the kids enjoyed looking at the hens

Sure you went to the right place? Never once heard a bad word said about the produce from Border View nor have I ever had anything sub-standard from them.

In fact reading the bold again I am almost certain that either you went to the wrong place or alternatively this is some sort of vendetta against Border View because I have never had a dry sausage from them, the sausage is 100% meat with no grizzle what so ever (which incidentally is one of the reasons why I enjoy them, any grizzle would put me off).....And the skins splitting? Again never had that issue even when grilling and BBQ.

Bare in mind I am of no connection what so ever to border view and I have no reason to promote them what so ever.

We found Border View farm staff to be quite rude when we visited, and we haven't returned since and never will.

Edited by WarPig

Sure you went to the right place? Never once heard a bad word said about the produce from Border View nor have I ever had anything sub-standard from them.

In fact reading the bold again I am almost certain that either you went to the wrong place or alternatively this is some sort of vendetta against Border View because I have never had a dry sausage from them, the sausage is 100% meat with no grizzle what so ever (which incidentally is one of the reasons why I enjoy them, any grizzle would put me off).....And the skins splitting? Again never had that issue even when grilling and BBQ.

Bare in mind I am of no connection what so ever to border view and I have no reason to promote them what so ever.

I went to the right place as its not far from where I live.

An opinion isn't a vendetta, I simply posted that I found it not great, not sure why you feel so defensive about sausages.

Its was you posting on a previous post about how great they were that we went in the first place

Deans Family Butcher's in the Moor Market have a fantastic range of homemade Sausages, and i can highly recommend the Welsh Dragon Sausage that they make, Beautifully spiced

Funks normally have an excellent range of sausage. It's the place to get dripping from and almost an institution imo.

Dean's is superb. Dean himself is just a salt of the earth bloke really nice and down to earth. I have some of the Weslh Dragon on your recommendation as well as some of all the rest.

Just wanted to point out what lovely people they are as well.

While we are on the sausage subject. Morrisons pork and jalapeño ones. So so so nice.