Lorry crashes into Berlin Christmas market

Remember watching Sky news when all the do holders were saying what a great thing Merkal was doing letting all the refugees in,they've gone a bit quiet now.

Remember watching Sky news when all the do holders were saying what a great thing Merkal was doing letting all the refugees in,they've gone a bit quiet now.

Except they haven't.

You understand that Trump's moronic metaphor wasn't correct don't you? The number of terrorists slipping through with genuine asylum seekers and refugees is very, very, very small.

Except they haven't.

You understand that Trump's moronic metaphor wasn't correct don't you? The number of terrorists slipping through with genuine asylum seekers and refugees is very, very, very small.

One is too many.

One is too many.

I agree.

I noticed the other day that almost all killers in Sheffield over the last few years lived in Gleadless, Parson Cross and Burngreave. You know what, if we nuke those places, then there's no risk of murders in Sheffield.

One's too many.

Let's go further, most rapists are men, so if we kill all male babies like King Herod.... one rapist is too many!

In normal sensible land, yes, one terrorist is too many, but to mark all refugees, who are fleeing these same people, as terrorists, is just moronic.

(Before you say it, yes my example is stupid, but in the 'using a 200lb lump hammer to smash a pistachio' approach that Trump's metaphor uses, it's equal in terms. It uses a stupid system to stop an unrelated problem).

Except it was the right thing to do. I notice the AfD are saying "Germany is no longer safe" which is a complete exaggeration. Aleppo isn't safe, Homs isn't safe, Istanbul isn't that safe. 600,000 people rescued, 12 people dead, even if this Islamist is found to have taken advantage of Merkel's policy. And Islamists should be the ones regarded for their atrocities, not other people, unless you want to ditch the notion of personal responsibility altogether.

Except it was the right thing to do. I notice the AfD are saying "Germany is no longer safe" which is a complete exaggeration. Aleppo isn't safe, Homs isn't safe, Istanbul isn't that safe. 600,000 people rescued, 12 people dead, even if this Islamist is found to have taken advantage of Merkel's policy. And Islamists should be the ones regarded for their atrocities, not other people, unless you want to ditch the notion of personal responsibility altogether.

If your relatives are amongst the 12 you would say it wasn't safe,I never said all are terrorists,we should take them but should be a manageable number and then checked out.

If your relatives are amongst the 12 you would say it wasn't safe,I never said all are terrorists,we should take them but should be a manageable number and then checked out.

How do we check them out?

'So, Mohammed, are you a terrorist?'

PS My relatives are in Germany. I'm still fine with it.

I don't think anyone would disagree that it should be managed properly but we have to accept a level of risk, no system of checks is perfect. I think we just need to remember that a life is a life, whether European or Arab.

Except they haven't.

But if Europe didnt allow any asylum seekers in , then none would slip through .

its not rocket science is it.

---------- Post added 20-12-2016 at 18:12 ----------

No it wasnt. Experts warned of this exact thing happening if Europe let in Islamic refugees from Syria .

shame people like Merkal and the EU clowns didnt listen.

But if Europe didnt allow any asylum seekers in , then none would slip through .

its not rocket science is it.

The asylum seeker arrested has been released without charge.

The asylum seeker arrested has been released without charge.

There have been other attacks perpetrated by refugees in Germany this year. 3 happened in July alone.

It's a difficult situation if you are German. Do we extend the hand of help to people, knowing that it will cost a small amount of lives of citizens in the country? Do the ends (providing a quality of life to 600k people, most of them perfectly lovely and deserving of charity), justify the means (roughly 20 people have been killed in attacks this year by refugees, not including this attack)? That is one death for every 30k refugees helped. Is it a price the Germans should pay?

We are incredibly lucky that we have such an excellent counter terrorism force, their skills honed by many years of IRA insurgency. That, coupled with the low intake of refugees makes these shores far less likely to suffer than our continental cousins.

they would slip through using means other than the asylum system