Lorry crashes into Berlin Christmas market

Awful news coming from Berlin, police are saying there are 9 dead and many injured after a lorry ploughed into a packed Christmas market.

Early report here...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/dec/19/berlin-truck-crashes-into-christmas-market

---------- Post added 19-12-2016 at 20:42 ----------

Police have arrested the suspected driver.

Edited by nikki-red

Can hardly be a suprise though. ISIS are at war with us and would kill a lot more if they could.

ISIS would claim responsibility for the Moon Landings if they thought it would fuel their influence and fear on the wider population.

I will await the outcome of the arrest and investigation before I give credit to their nutjob collective PR team.

ISIS would claim responsibility for the Moon Landings if they thought it would fuel their influence and fear on the wider population.

I will await the outcome of the arrest and investigation before I give credit to their nutjob collective PR team.

Fair enough. Theres a good chance its an Islamic fanatic inspired/ radicalised by Isis, though.

Fair enough. Theres a good chance its an Islamic fanatic inspired/ radicalised by Isis, though.

Well, maybe the method but the reasons are anyone's guess. We famously had that postie shoot a load of people in the states 20 years ago and I watched an Aircrash Investigation where a sacked employee killed a plane full of people. It could be a disgruntled lorry driver for all we know at the moment.

It's extremely unlikely that it's not connected to Islam. When these things happen I understand that you shouldn't jump straight to the conclusion "it was the Muslims" but anyone who doesn't think that straight away must be blind to the world. The hallmarks for Islamic terror have been pointed out to us here from this kind of attack in Nice.

Just as things seemed to be calming down on the terrorist front this happens.

This could be a lone wolf or amateur outfit but either way they're causing death and destruction.

I was listening to a podcast not too long back on a radio show a caller phoned who was a convert he used to be Muslim and now he's practising Christianity, this man had been directly involved with radical Islam and had been involved with some prominent "British" nutjobs, the debate was about radical Islam and this man seemed to think that our security services are very inept at dealing with extremists and Explained in depth about the different branches of Islam the peaceful versions and extremist version and how they were linked as Islam is a tree and all branches are connected, I could go on and on about this interesting man but the be and end all of it is that a lot of branches of Islam have no place in modern society and also that security services are 5/6 steps behind.

From prisons to mosques to schools to homes to abroad the proper extremists are running circles around the authorities and yet some people would like to stop in the EU that's letting the extremists In openly!!

Yet another Islamic Terrorist attack apparently .

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2437904/lorry-crashes-christmas-market-berlin/

The link says the driver was of Eastern European appearance and that a number of casualties interviewed by the media are refugees, I wouldn't go jumping the gun about it being a Muslim terror attack just yet.

---------- Post added 19-12-2016 at 23:41 ----------

Just spotted this, a man walks into a Swiss mosque today and opens fire on people praying= https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/dec/19/three-injured-in-gun-attack-on-zurich-mosque

Edited by mafya

Nicely spotted on that mosque story. The news channels (even the ones with rolling coverage desprate to fill their airtime have not given it so much as a mention.

Wonder why that could be? Someone cynical might think that have a narrative to stick to or something.

The link says the driver was of Eastern European appearance and that a number of casualties interviewed by the media are refugees, I wouldn't go jumping the gun about it being a Muslim terror attack just yet.

---------- Post added 19-12-2016 at 23:41 ----------

Just spotted this, a man walks into a Swiss mosque today and opens fire on people praying= https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/dec/19/three-injured-in-gun-attack-on-zurich-mosque

There's muppets everywhere. Only 3 injured though - he was either using a popgun or some people have been very fortunate. Any idea if the attacker was religiously motivated or did he just not like Muslims?

There's muppets everywhere. Only 3 injured though - he was either using a popgun or some people have been very fortunate. Any idea if the attacker was religiously motivated or did he just not like Muslims?

Only three injured tho. That's ok then

It probably was Muslims though. It is so sad that people from a religion dubbed by George W Bush as the "religion of peace", should be represented in such a way. Will we ever learn to just get on? My thoughts are with the poor families of the dead.