Blades v Oldham - 26/12/16

His goal tally last season proves that to be wrong though doesn't it.

It is all very simple, when Clarke joined us he had a niggle and carried on through the pain barrier....A short while after he had x-rays and scans that revealed a broken bone which was floating in his ankle which ruled him out for a while....Since then he has had cameo roles with no real pitch time.

So how can anyone possibly judge him based on this season?.....What is it that some like to say on here? You are only as good as your form at your last club?

Clarke answered a big question yesterday.... "Can he play alongside Billy Sharp?"..."Are they compatible".......And yes they can, he was fantastic and helped to win the game.

Got to agree, Blades didn't look like scoring til he came on then the game changed. From what I've seen also the change in goalkeeper has certainly made a difference. He made a great save from a shot from Flynn that was going in the top corner, a while ago that might have been a game changer.

I'm also hoping being out of the cup will help this season. I know they're at a different level but for me one of the reasons Chelsea are well in front in the PL is that they didn't have any European matches this season.

Sorry to say it but George Long was.a liability

Edited by Ridgewalk
Repeat post

Clarke answered a big question yesterday.... "Can he play alongside Billy Sharp?"..."Are they compatible"
Until yesterday the answer was no to both. Hats off to players and coaches for working on that partnership.

Until yesterday the answer was no to both. Hats off to players and coaches for working on that partnership.

All this talk about our forwards...

How many goals have we scored? :hihi:

Dobby in particular is very nervous at the prospect of us getting promoted and Wednesday staying where they are.

Him and toppy would hate it.

The future is... red. The end.

All this talk about our forwards...

How many goals have we scored? :hihi:

Dobby in particular is very nervous at the prospect of us getting promoted and Wednesday staying where they are.

Him and toppy would hate it.

The future is... red. The end.

I'm shaking,so you think we shouldn't talk about your forwards,I complemented Sharpe,not Clarke though,I think we're all allowed opinions,you definitely have enough on us.

problem is future there so obsessed with us all the time sharp is goalscorer febuary is key month for us bolton and scunny in same week at home and posh away

I'm shaking,so you think we shouldn't talk about your forwards,I complemented Sharpe,not Clarke though,I think we're all allowed opinions,you definitely have enough on us.

The problem however is that you don't really have any sort of recent form to back the obvious (baffling) dislike of Leon Clarke.

Prior to joining the club, Clarke's goalscoring record was second to none and you can not deny that. In fact his track record at League One proves him to be more than accomplished at this level however as many like to say on here, you have to look at his form at his most recent club.....And we have and this is decent.

He joins Sheffield United with an injury and tries to battle on. It turns out that he has quite a serious injury and that rules him out for a big part of the first half of the season and since then he has only really made late "cameo" appearances.

Despite all of this he has still managed to bang in 2 goals which is a credit to his considering that one came whilst badly injured and the other despite any real pitch time to regain his match fitness.

He's had the odd 20 minutes here and there and it is nowhere near enough pitch time to write him off considering his start to his Sheffield United career....

But then again....... This is the same poster who mocked us when Billy Sharp came back to us, saying something about him being a flop when being with us previously and we decided to cough up half a million pounds....I rightly pointed out his proven track record at this level and predicted a 15-20 goals per season striker, whilst Owls fans mocked his weight and predicted him to do nothing.......And well look how his views turned out that time .

The problem however is that you don't really have any sort of recent form to back the obvious (baffling) dislike of Leon Clarke.

Prior to joining the club, Clarke's goalscoring record was second to none and you can not deny that. In fact his track record at League One proves him to be more than accomplished at this level however as many like to say on here, you have to look at his form at his most recent club.....And we have and this is decent.

He joins Sheffield United with an injury and tries to battle on. It turns out that he has quite a serious injury and that rules him out for a big part of the first half of the season and since then he has only really made late "cameo" appearances.

Despite all of this he has still managed to bang in 2 goals which is a credit to his considering that one came whilst badly injured and the other despite any real pitch time to regain his match fitness.

He's had the odd 20 minutes here and there and it is nowhere near enough pitch time to write him off considering his start to his Sheffield United career....

But then again....... This is the same poster who mocked us when Billy Sharp came back to us, saying something about him being a flop when being with us previously and we decided to cough up half a million pounds....I rightly pointed out his proven track record at this level and predicted a 15-20 goals per season striker, whilst Owls fans mocked his weight and predicted him to do nothing.......And well look how his views turned out that time .

Hey,you listen up,they know their strikers on here,last year they had one that was going to be massive,came on with about a minute to go on Monday night to wind down the clock.:|

He's scored 1 in 14 games,like you say the tin pot cup didn't count,err hang on,if you're happy with that from a striker then you need to raise your expectations,could you also show me where I slated Sharpe?I did say the amount of chances you give him he will come good one time.

---------- Post added 28-12-2016 at 13:31 ----------

Hey,you listen up,they know their strikers on here,last year they had one that was going to be massive,came on with about a minute to go on Monday night to wind down the clock.:|

Is that in the victory away to the top of the league,what strikers that,I think if its Dave we all know his capabilities,we are not kidding ourselves like some of you are with Clarke,and as for massive he is 6'6".

Edited by ukdobby

He's scored 1 in 14 games,like you say the tin pot cup didn't count,err hang on,if you're happy with that from a striker then you need to raise your expectations,could you also show me where I slated Sharpe?I did say the amount of chances you give him he will come good one time.

I don't know where you slated Sharpe? That would be in the entertainment section of the forum wouldn't it and I don't read that.

But Billy Sharp, I seem to remember you stating that he was a flop in his previous stints at the club and that you wouldn't pay the £500k fee to give somebody another chance or something along those lines.

At the minute that fee is turning out to be a steal at £13k a goal on league goals alone and this is closing in week by week.....And this season look at his goals per game average. Like I said back then....At least a 15 goal per season striker, at the best possible time for him and us to bring him back to the club....and very much with a point to prove.

Stevie May was world class too (according to Wednesday fans) How much did they get him for... a couple of hundred thousand?