Blades v Oldham - 26/12/16

The first game in what could be a very decent period for United, what with us having a chance to pick up some points on our rivals....(Scunthorpe obviously play Bradford and then Bolton away over xmas and the new year).

Playing Oldham at home is a huge invitation to bag another 3 points and I well and truly expect us to get them!....Anything less would be considered a resounding failure!

If Bradford and Bolton do us a favour?.....We could be top of the league come to turn of the year...Either way I expect us to enter 2017 in the top 2..

UTB!

The first game in what could be a very decent period for United, what with us having a chance to pick up some points on our rivals....(Scunthorpe obviously play Bradford and then Bolton away over xmas and the new year).

Playing Oldham at home is a huge invitation to bag another 3 points and I well and truly expect us to get them!....Anything less would be considered a resounding failure!

If Bradford and Bolton do us a favour?.....We could be top of the league come to turn of the year...Either way I expect us to enter 2017 in the top 2..

UTB!

Yes, we have three very winnable games and have to be looking top spot. We've just got to maintain our mentality and standards and we can win the league. We've got the right management, right players and right attitude, this is our season.

3-0 win against Oldham.

Have a look at their goals figures,they suffer from a chronic lack of scoring,but hardly anybody has scored more than 2 against them,which would suggest we need to take our chances when they come and preferably score early,or it might turn into one of those 65 % possession and 25 shots and still waiting for a goal in the last 10 minutes.

Have a look at their goals figures,they suffer from a chronic lack of scoring,but hardly anybody has scored more than 2 against them,which would suggest we need to take our chances when they come and preferably score early,or it might turn into one of those 65 % possession and 25 shots and still waiting for a goal in the last 10 minutes.

Think we'll get this a lot now for the remainder of the season. We've got to find ways on how to deal with this... its just part of being who we've become in this league. What the fans of got to do is be patient; we can't expect to win 4-0 every game!

It only takes one goal and a bit of discipline to win a game mate and I would happily take 1-0 wins til the sun goes down in order to secure promotion....Games don't pan out this way though and this is where Wilder gets it right because he attacks games and asks his players to put games to bed.

I believe that we are head and shoulders above Oldham and I expect us to win comfortably.

Hopefully the Chris Wilder open road takes another turn to another beautiful setting, from bottom to top could easily be achieved this period and if it wasn't for Scunthorpe or Boltons despicable behaviour of keeping on winning we'd be sitting top of the tree.

Big game, let's not go in thinking it'll be easy, play as we know we can, take our chance and get a win. Looking to be a good attendance, too.

COYRAWW

Looking at a big crowd for this one. Went in to buy our tickets yesterday and the lad in the office told me SS almost sold out. Less seating choice on kop than usual too.

Looking at a big crowd for this one. Went in to buy our tickets yesterday and the lad in the office told me SS almost sold out. Less seating choice on kop than usual too.

If you can't get a big crowd boxing day you never will,Oldham are another poor side and should be an easy 3-0 win.

If you can't get a big crowd boxing day you never will,Oldham are another poor side and should be an easy 3-0 win.

Totally agree!

The next 2 games (away at Bradford then Bolton) could be season defining for Scunthorpe.Win them both and you would have to say they are serious title contenders, lose them and they could well drop away.

The Blades 3 games over the festive period look like a piece of cake (Oldham, Northampton and Bury), but if every game went to form the bookies would be bankrupt.

The next 2 games (away at Bradford then Bolton) could be season defining for Scunthorpe.Win them both and you would have to say they are serious title contenders, lose them and they could well drop away.

The Blades 3 games over the festive period look like a piece of cake (Oldham, Northampton and Bury), but if every game went to form the bookies would be bankrupt.

If we do win all three, it will put us in a strong position that's for sure. The thing then is to really maintain our performance and attitude. Its never that straight forward though is it!