Care system waste of money

Not sure who is to blame for this amount of money wasted - I have an elderly relative who lives at home but has carers visit several times a day. Last time I went I noticed boxes each with about 12 bottles of water in them. If this is being repeated throughout the city to thousands of elderly people it is money being poured down the drain - or should I say toilet!What's wrong with tap water? - it could be placed in a lidded jug and renewed each time the next carer visits. Ludicrous. Not sure if council's responsible for this or NHS?

AFAIK all carers are provided by private contractors paid for by the council.

I'm only aware of people given care for disabilities rather than elderly, so not sure if its the same. Nobody I know was being provided with water in that case.

The Care SYstem in this country is blooming well dire, full stop.

Not the fault of those who care ... it's a job. For some it's a vocation, for others, just a job.

Not sure who is to blame for this amount of money wasted - I have an elderly relative who lives at home but has carers visit several times a day. Last time I went I noticed boxes each with about 12 bottles of water in them. If this is being repeated throughout the city to thousands of elderly people it is money being poured down the drain - or should I say toilet!What's wrong with tap water? - it could be placed in a lidded jug and renewed each time the next carer visits. Ludicrous. Not sure if council's responsible for this or NHS?

Get in touch with the agency who provides the care for your elderly relative and ask them what the bottles of water are for .

Does your elderly relative have oxygen therapy at home or have they got a feeding tube or indwelling catheter ? If they have then this could explain the bottles of water.

Edited by Daven

they could also be fortisip drinks, they come in a 12 pack.

Of course - the OP may have assumed they were bottles of water.