Motability advice needed

My dad is completely disabled and requires an electric wheelchair. He is on full DLA and now he is considering using this DLA on the motablility scheme to get a WAV. I would be the main driver on this car and would be responsible for his transportation. Are there any issues with me being the driver? and are there any good sources of information regarding cars and suppliers?

First of all, as a result of the phasing out of DLA, before you consider any transportation, calculate whether you would still be able to afford the car, if you suddenly lost your DLA higher rate. Would you be able to keep up the monthly instalments when you are transferred to PIP, and as a result of that medical, they decide to award you only the standard disability level, rather than the higher.

Yes I have that assessment in January

If the car is tax exempt, as it will be, you will not be able to use the car for your own needs.

Yes I have that assessment in January

Refused on appeal in March. Now waiting to go to Tribunal at Sheffield Magistrates court , to which I am told it could be September.

Sorry to hear that, It's a long time to wait, but, on the bright side if you win it will all be back dated (I believe)

---------- Post added 30-04-2017 at 10:38 ----------

There was a time when you could do these appeals on your own and have a good chance of winning, but nowadays you need a pro. to help put your side across.

Sorry to hear that, It's a long time to wait, but, on the bright side if you win it will all be back dated (I believe)

---------- Post added 30-04-2017 at 10:38 ----------

There was a time when you could do these appeals on your own and have a good chance of winning, but nowadays you need a pro. to help put your side across.

Did start with RNIB bit it was doubtful if they would come up from the South. Therefore I contacted Kevin Barron mp and he refered me to a chap in Dinnington who is helping me.