Arena parking help

Leaving an arena event by car gives a real insight into society. Its every man for himself and no one gives anyone an inch.

Went to cinema yesterday it's mental if u going to arena why park there, got to be some system of banning arena users as it's impossible to park at centertainment if you are using their facilities.

Went to cinema yesterday it's mental if u going to arena why park there, got to be some system of banning arena users as it's impossible to park at centertainment if you are using their facilities.

Help! I normally go to Cineworld at Centertainment during the day, midweek, but due to circumstances am going on Wednesday for 8pm. I am already worried about finding parking.

Is it normally difficult to park around that time on an evening? Sheffield Steelers are playing at the Arena. Will this have any effect on parking at Centertainment? And lastly, is it possible to park in the Meadowhall Retail Park next door on an evening if Centertainment is full?

Many thanks for any comments/suggestions.

Try the industrial estate behind Puck Stop. Take Norman Street off Newhall Road and drive until you're level with Ice Sheffield. No traffic afterwards getting back onto Newhall Road, then Brightside Lane into town or to the M1

Why? Because the arena charge about £8 to park, on top of their very expensive ticket prices and pointless booking fees, their extortionate drink and food prices, and the prices of merchandise inside. That's why people do it. Centertainment is free, and everyone is aware that there's nothing going to happen as a result (nothing that's easy to enforce anyway!)

Every penny counts, I believe was the slogan.

Or, perhaps, a lot of people did what we did when we went to Disney On Ice, and booked to go bowling first, and have a meal at the restaurant there. Having spent a few hundred on food, drinks, entertainment etc, I think leaving the car there for an extra 90 mins isn't really a concern.

Having spent a few hundred on food, drinks, entertainment etc, I think leaving the car there for an extra 90 mins isn't really a concern.

Unless of course someone else would like to use the Centertainment for food, drinks and bowling but can't find anywhere to park :roll:

Unless of course someone else would like to use the Centertainment for food, drinks and bowling but can't find anywhere to park :roll:

Yeah that'd be awful. They should go park in the retail park - lots of spare space there.

Yeah that'd be awful. They should go park in the retail park - lots of spare space there.

Except you're not permitted to, and there are ANPR cameras monitoring the car park.

I empathise with those going to the arena but it's very frustrating if you've paid for something at Centertainment (like cinema tickets or bowling) and you risk missing it because people who aren't even going there have filled the car park.

Except you're not permitted to, and there are ANPR cameras monitoring the car park.

I empathise with those going to the arena but it's very frustrating if you've paid for something at Centertainment (like cinema tickets or bowling) and you risk missing it because people who aren't even going there have filled the car park.

Absolutely agree.

Let's not discuss the parking laws at the retail park though! I think that's fairly well covered on here! :hihi:

Don't know if it's too late for the event, but if you turn right just after Attercliffe police station (between Ice Sheffield and EIS), go over narrow bridge with traffic lights, first left and park somewhere on that road. There's a bridge over canal and tram tracks.

There are several escape routes when it's over:

1. Back the way you came.

2. Carry on to Greenland Rd

3. Go back, left, follow road round and join Darnall Rd (I think it's called).

The only trouble with that is it's a notorious hotspot for having your vehicle broken into. Lots of unattended cars on dimly lit back streets is a thiefs dream. Also they know you are not coming back to your car for some time.

Bit late for the OP, but we went to an even at the arena last week, and parked on brightside lane, outside forgemasters. Free of charge, no traffic and about 7 mins walk to arena.

I wondered if anyone has been to the Marvel show at the Arena this weekend, I am going tomorrow for the 4pm show and cannot decide whether to drive and park there or get the Tram from Parkway park and ride?

Don't mind paying for the Arena parking but wondered how busy it would be getting in and out of the carpark?