Strange Man Division St/Carver St

A few months ago I was paying for parking in the Carver St car park when I was approached by a tall heavily built man probably in his 30's who I had noticed wandering round before I parked, he claimed he had just left the army and had no money and could I give him something to buy new trainers (he pointed at the tatty looking ones on his feet), I never give anything to these types of people and made my excuses, I then saw him again today accosting people at the top of Division St near the Lucky Fox, he's a little threatening in his manner, intimidating due to his size and should be avoided.

Edited by top4718

Yep, he got me too with the same story about six months ago, he's a regular around West street I also have seen him walking around the Tesco on West Street with a basket and loads of other times walking in the area. I was sat in the foyer area of the Swim Inn when he approached me with his story. I have seen him since there are similar folks in the area that live in local housing association flats on Bath Street and other dwellings nearby. He is a big guy and can come across as threatening just by his size . I think some of the street drinkers or people that beg claiming to be homeless have alcohol issues but do have supported accommodation, whilst there are plenty of others that are genuinely homeless. I have lived in Sheffield all my life (50 years old), you cannot go to town now without seeing people sat in sleeping bags begging. It has never been so bad is it going to get worse or better? I am not optimistic, we are supposed to be the 5th richest economy in the world yet so much poverty and deprivation exists.

hes been doing it for years,ive never seen him drinking,but i always see him with bags of shopping.food,hes just a conman give him nothing ,he does intimidate people usualy young students.the police must no what he does,so why doesnt he get nicked.

There would need to be police to nick him, when was the last time anyone saw a beat bobby?

Every day - why do you ask ?

Because I don't see them very often when I am on West Street or in town, where do you see them every day?

I see them as I am driving around the city - maybe I am more observant than many.

Than many what?

Than many other people .

"Mate I've just split up with my girlfriend and I need some change to get to my Mums" He's been at it for years....

I know most of these guys and girls that are playing there games in town as worked on doors on division street for years, they have told me some right scams and they make enough money from them.

Edited by Starlc

There would need to be police to nick him, when was the last time anyone saw a beat bobby?

Always round my area, and every time I go to town I see at least 2 or 3 different... (and when I say 2 or 3, they're always in pairs, so it's actually 4-6 actual police officers)

Usually a couple on/around the moor, same on fargate, and a couple up and down west street/division street..

some times there's even a car or van parked at barkers pool 'just incase'