MPD cars on Penistone Road

Hi all,

First off apologies if I have put this in the wrong place

I was just wondering if anyone has experience of MPD Cars on Penistone Road?

I have spotted a car there which looks good - this will be my first car so I'm just a tiny bit stressed about it all! :blush:

I can't link to the website but it's the one at 716 Penistone Road

Thanks very much! :)

Hi, can't say I have heard of these dealers you say 716 Penistone Road, what landmark is that near .... Ie park, other deals or near Kilmer way?

Hi, can't say I have heard of these dealers you say 716 Penistone Road, what landmark is that near .... Ie park, other deals or near Kilmer way?

Hi, it's near the dog track and the Big Yellow Self Storage, if you Google MPD Cars Sheffield it should take you to it on Maps (still can't post links yet or I would do!)

You would be better asking someone you know that knows about cars to go with you and look at some private sales as they will be a lot cheaper and you will have had someone look at it ?

You would be better asking someone you know that knows about cars to go with you and look at some private sales as they will be a lot cheaper and you will have had someone look at it ?

I don't know anyone who lives local to me and knows about cars unfortunately. Yes I would consider private sale, I understand there are advantages and disadvantages to both garages and private sellers though. And yes I will get anything checked over before buying!

---------- Post added 13-12-2016 at 22:37 ----------

If this is the czar you have really set your heart on..... What about AA or RAC LOOKING AT IT. DO YOU KNOW ANYONE IN THE TRADE THAT CAN LOOK AT IT FOR YOU. IF THE GARAGE HAS NOTHING TO HIDE IT SHOULDNT BE A PROBLEM. SORRY THIS IS IN CAPITALsSNOT SHOUTING AT YOU LOL ,

I've not set my heart on it, I've just seen it on Autotrader and on paper it sounds like it might be a good car (also I quite like the colour:P). And yes I will get a mechanic to look at it! I just want to know if anyone has experience of this garage. The only thing I can find on the internet is a load of suspiciously glowing reviews on Google, all from users who haven't rated any other businesses. I don't know much about cars and I want to try and make sure I pick a reputable dealer.

If this is the czar you have really set your heart on..... What about AA or RAC LOOKING AT IT. DO YOU KNOW ANYONE IN THE TRADE THAT CAN LOOK AT IT FOR YOU. IF THE GARAGE HAS NOTHING TO HIDE IT SHOULDNT BE A PROBLEM. SORRY THIS IS IN CAPITALsSNOT SHOUTING AT YOU LOL ,

some nice czars in russia.

I don't know anyone who lives local to me and knows about cars unfortunately. Yes I would consider private sale, I understand there are advantages and disadvantages to both garages and private sellers though. And yes I will get anything checked over before buying!

---------- Post added 13-12-2016 at 22:37 ----------

I've not set my heart on it, I've just seen it on Autotrader and on paper it sounds like it might be a good car (also I quite like the colour:P). And yes I will get a mechanic to look at it! I just want to know if anyone has experience of this garage. The only thing I can find on the internet is a load of suspiciously glowing reviews on Google, all from users who haven't rated any other businesses. I don't know much about cars and I want to try and make sure I pick a reputable dealer.

As stated maybe a RAC check or similar as personally I wouldn't trust car dealers as far as could chuck em ! I have known a few over the years and seen what they do and it's not good but there will be genuine ones as well.

Good luck !

Edited by Starlc

As stated maybe a RAC check or similar as personally I wouldn't trust car dealers as far as could chuck em ! I have known a few over the years and seen what they do and it's not good but there will be genuine ones as well.

Good luck !

Thanks a lot, it really is a minefield ):

Thanks a lot, it really is a minefield ):

Katie if you really need someone to come and have a look at a car with you I'm willing to do it as I hate to see people ripped off. I know you don't know me from Adam but if you really need someone who knows about cars then I'm willing to help ! PM me or call my work number below to arrange if it would help. :)

Katie if you really need someone to come and have a look at a car with you I'm willing to do it as I hate to see people ripped off. I know you don't know me from Adam but if you really need someone who knows about cars then I'm willing to help ! PM me or call my work number below to arrange if it would help. :)

Wow that's a very nice gesture and what Sheffield Forum is about - helping each other ?