Going to the pub on my mobility scooter

I was going to go to my local pub on my mobility scooter it is an off road model i have been told i could be liable for drink driving ,but i would only be on the pavement --[advice needed]

Have a look Here, though I understand that there is the ability to prosecute under older legislation for being drunk in charge of a carriage - an offence under the 1872 Licensing Act.

The law was originally brought in to crack down on anyone caught drunk in charge of a carriage, steam engine, bicycle a horse or a cow.

Mobility scooters are classed as a carriage and are not covered by current drink-driving laws.

The crime has a maximum penalty of £200 or 51 weeks in prison.

The latter comments were lifted directly from a Daily Mirror article,to save me typing it out.

Thank you that seems to clear it up ,the only problem is it might cost me £200 every time i go if i get pulled up

Thank you that seems to clear it up ,the only problem is it might cost me £200 every time i go if i get pulled up

That made me chuckle x

Then again i might only get to go to the pub once a year if i got 51 weeks in the nick because the batteries would be knackered and would need replacing when i got out .

---------- Post added 14-12-2016 at 18:05 ----------

just a thought if you are homeless you could borrow a scooter ,off to the pub get 51 weeks in nick ,you would only have to spend 1 week on the street -food -bed and christmas dinner on the state for the rest of the year