Shops oppposite Peace gardens

Called in to that revamped superrmart Tuesday opp Peace Gardens. . . Whilst I've heard of pop up stalls and shops, not heard of pop up superrmarket. . . Been using Budgens as convenient for my messed about #85 bus home. . . All.closed up and MT with sign saying nearest branch Nottingham. . . Only been operating post-Co-op for few weeks. . . Thought they were being generous in stamping my loyalty card. . .. Lass in bank said they left in a hurry. . . Lot of traders do.that in Sheffield. . . What do they call that villege which only appears once every hundred years. . . Brigadoon, Sheffield. . . That's it. . .

I'm not sure there's much original building behind the existing facades anyway. Most of it must have been gutted when the supermarket went in decades ago.

As long as it looks the same from the outside, I can't see the problem.

That 270 degree vista from Browns round clockwise to the Winter Gardens is one of the nicest views in Sheffield. It's like a pocket of Victorian grandeur that escaped the Luftwaffe and the town planners.

You have no interest in internal architectural features?

You have no interest in internal architectural features?

If the vast majority of the internal architecture was lost long ago, then I imagine the answer is indeed no. I think Dan was talking specifically about this block, not in general terms.

I worked in palatine chambers for several years , the facade is lovely but the inside......

one council office was always wet with leakimg roof then the ceiling began to fall the plaster came off the wall the next office was fine it was on the cards for development about 8 years ago the Citidel was a ruin, some company bought the whole site. and the council moved out. ON the back of the property was the office of mp's, sommerfields warehouse and above that more offices that was cole brothers. i hope the facade is kept just for the charterer of the area

Edited by orbs
missed a word

So why has the Co-op bank just moved in to what was JVC??

-----------

Exactly friend i thought same, some of them building are listed

along that row of shops.

Co-op Bank have moved in to there new premises opposite peace gardens