Shops oppposite Peace gardens

Heard a rumour that the building opposite the peace gardens has been issued with compulsory purchase does anyone know if this is true please ? I thought it was just the Salvation Army building ! Thanks .

Someone who claims to be 'in the know' on the SkyscraperCity SRQ thread reckons the whole block will be emptied, with only the facade retained and a new building built behind it for John Lewis to move into. Might just be idle speculation with no grounding in fact though.

Heard a rumour that the building opposite the peace gardens has been issued with compulsory purchase does anyone know if this is true please ? I thought it was just the Salvation Army building ! Thanks .

'Opposite' = across Pinstone Street, I think- not on St Paul's Parade.

So why has the Co-op bank just moved in to what was JVC??

As far as I know they are, I used to work for a store on the Pinstone street row. The company rolled out an update on all their stores, but the Pinstone street store is on a rolling contract till they have to move on. Therefor that store did not get the update, about 4 - 5 years ago (when I worked there), they went to look at the old Blacks camping shop, but the council put off the relocation while they focused on the Moor.

'Opposite' = across Pinstone Street, I think- not on St Paul's Parade.

This is exactly what I thought Jeffrey but someone has told me they are being made redundant from the Supermarket (think Heron foods ,which was Somerville ) because the building has been made a compulsory purchase . I couldn't believe they were going to demolish this lovely building ,that's why I started the thread to find out if it was true .

We were only saying on Saturday how beautiful those buildings are, and across the road where Costa / Laura Ashley are

Can't really, as the Co-Operative bank has just fitted out and opening/opened a new shop on the end of that row (old Panasonic Shop / Army Citadel) - because their current block is being demolished....

if it has, it won't happen for another few years at least...

We were only saying on Saturday how beautiful those buildings are, and across the road where Costa / Laura Ashley are

Totally agree Blue Day !

That whole area should be pedestrianised, get some decent restaurants and bars on there and it would be a great focal point for the city.

Nothing on Sheffield City Council website about it. https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/your-city-council/legal-services/legal-orders/compulsory-purchase-orders.html

So why has the Co-op bank just moved in to what was JVC??

Panasonic not JVC