Secure locker for offsite backup

Hi, can anyone recommend a storage facility where I can store a few hard drives? The smallest lockers I've found so far are £6pw but then require a further £6pw for compulsory insurance.

On a related not what software could I use to make a portable external hard drive readable only with a password? What brands of these drives already come with some kind of security software?

Basic article on how to encrypt a portable drive making it read-only with a password:

http://uk.pcmag.com/flash-drives-products/72193/feature/how-to-encrypt-data-on-external-drives

For offsite storage, maybe Iron Mountain? Used by lots of companies for secure data handling. No idea on costs though. Do you need to store the physical hard drives or could you look at online secure storage instead?

Iron mountain is pricey. For infrequent access a bank deposit box is an idea, but if the data is properly encrypted then anywhere is reasonable - can you leave it a friends house for an offsite backup?

Lots of small businesses usually encrypt them and pay to leave them in the safe with their solicitor or accountant, especially for Escrow reasons

Hi, can anyone recommend a storage facility where I can store a few hard drives? The smallest lockers I've found so far are £6pw but then require a further £6pw for compulsory insurance.

On a related not what software could I use to make a portable external hard drive readable only with a password? What brands of these drives already come with some kind of security software?

Which OS? Many versions of Windows come with Bitlocker (which can encrypt the drive), but it depends on the version. Any version of Server will from 2008, only Ultimate and Enterprise W7, anything from Pro for W8/10.