City Centre Flats and contracts

I am a private landlord and I arrange contracts from 6 months to 12 for my properties - anything inbetween is fine. I also am quite willing to sign reliable tenants for 6 months and then extend it on a month by month verbal contract. I think many landlords do it like this.

Reply to poster. A landlord can evict you after 6 months (on a 6 mth contract) if he has given a notice to quit 2 months before the end of the contract. If, however the tenant wants to stay on, it is best to mention this 2 months before the contract ends so the landlord will probably be prepared to keep them on. Us landlords often get bad press but we are usually eager to keep tenants as long as possible if they pay ok and keep the place well. I get on really well with all my tenants.

Also - reply to Tony

The council tax has nothing to do with the landlord. All a landlord has to do is contact the council - by law- when a tenant goes into and out of his property and they send out the forms etc. If someone is going to uni and takes a summer let first I'm pretty sure they would be registered as a student straight away. Best way to find out is ring up the council anonomously.

Hi,

Extremely helpful information. Thank you.

Would you yourself have any properties suitable for me?

I will be interested in all two bedroom properties, under £600pcm.

You can PM me or post on here.

Kind regards,

Ross

Vision: Thanks for being a lot clearer than I was :) I was just making the point that many landlords would not want the hassle. Agreed that landlords get an unwarranted bad press. After all, without them, where would people live? :D