Catchbar Lane 11/12/16

Coming home from a family meal last night and about 3 ambulances whizzed past and police cars (around 9:30pm)

Went to take the dog for a quick walk later on and Catchbar Lane was full of police and ambulances and the road was closed.

It looked like a serious RTA - hope not :(

---------- Post added 12-12-2016 at 12:58 ----------

Update

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/teenage-boy-fighting-for-life-after-sheffield-road-crash-1-8285494

Young lad has been hit by a car apparently.. He's only 15yrs old according to reports and in hopsital with life threatening injuries :(

Truly awful. My thoughts are with the poor boy and his family.

Poor lad..I hate this junction at Catchbar Lane.

Get well soon fella.

Probably nothing to do with this accident, but I have always wondered why the lights on the pelican crossing on the slip from Leppings Lane to Parkside Rd have a green arrow pointing left.

This may mislead the driver to think that he has right of way, when in fact the lights from Catchbar Lane are also on green at the same time!

I've heard from a very reliable source that the poor lad is in a coma, lets hope he makes a full recovery.

Probably nothing to do with this accident, but I have always wondered why the lights on the pelican crossing on the slip from Leppings Lane to Parkside Rd have a green arrow pointing left.

This may mislead the driver to think that he has right of way, when in fact the lights from Catchbar Lane are also on green at the same time!

When I use to live in the area the green arrow use to confuse me, you think it is safe to proceed then you realise cars are driving past, it is very confusing if you are not familiar with the lay out of the roads.

I hope the young man Gets better for Christmas.

I've heard from a very reliable source that the poor lad is in a coma, lets hope he makes a full recovery.

:( oh gosh

Showing signs of improvement which is great news.

I frequently come down Leppings Lane from Middlewood Road and onto Parkside Rd and have now got a built-in tendency to take that corner very slowly, only yesterday I nearly had an Audi A3 on my bonnet at 7.05. Good job I was awake!

I agree, I live near there so am familiar with the junction but for anyone who isn't it is very confusing. The green arrow says GO (it gives the impression other lights are on red so you can go) but there is traffic coming from the right. Also depending on your car you can't clearly see the traffic coming from the right from further up Middlewood road because of the railings. I am a munchkin and have to hoik myself up to see over them. I am surprised there hasn't been a serious accident there before now. I don't know what the answer is though, the lights have to change but the crossing is so close to the junction. Any safer ideas road planners?