Looking to try a different sport - either solo or team

Hi all, not been on in ages, after years of mainly playing football (I actually started the 5 a side thread that I notice is still pinned above!) I am looking to try something new.

I had to quit footy due to my knees and because I recently became a dad, however it's pretty much just the contact of footy that bothers them, fine with running, cycling and started playing flag football and they were fine with that, although the season is ended now.

And so am looking for any teams of any sport that would be happy to have me at training (potentially as a complete novice) or just people that play anything regularly or need the occasional player. I recently started teaching P.E and it's been close to 20 years since I've played some of the sports I now teach hence why I am happy to play anything.

Kev -

After years of playing basketball, I moved into running. Having a young family and a busy job means that I needed something time efficient and running is that. Good running community in Sheffield probably starting with the parkruns and lots of races and clubs to consider if you want to challenge yourself.

League ten pin bowling is in decline in Sheffield and needs new players, leagues generally start in September and run through to June. Leagues or generally based on a handicap and/or scratch basis so beginners are able to compete.

Have you ever considered fencing as a sport?

I would like 10 pin bowling. How do you get started in a league?

Hi Kev

If you fancy giving cricket a go our nets will be starting in February so you can get plenty of practice before the season starts in April. Saturday games might be tough being a family man but we're always struggling for numbers for Wednesday evenings for midweek games

Jamie

Hi Kev,

If you fancy trying korfball we train on Mondays, 7-8.30 at King Edward's Lower School, Darwin Lane, S10 5RG. It's a bit like netball/basketball but with mixed teams.

Feel free to come along to any session. More info on our website:

http://www.snakebitekorfball.co.uk

Edited by snoozan