Accountability of Sheffield MPs who voted against brexit

Wonder what the House of Lords will do now.

---------- Post added 18-02-2017 at 18:59 ----------

So anyone who is against mass immigration is a Racist ?

No, but it has been definitively proven that the vast majority of people who voted leave are less educated.

Probable try a few amendments and then pass it like the other House did.

.. but it has been definitively proven that the vast majority of people who voted leave are less educated.

But it is also proven that better education is not necessarily a sign of intelligence.

Probable try a few amendments and then pass it like the other House did.

But it is also proven that better education is not necessarily a sign of intelligence.

Really? Salary scales for example show no correlation to education?

---------- Post added 18-02-2017 at 18:59 ----------

No, but it has been definitively proven that the vast majority of people who voted leave are less educated.

Less educated is a fault of the state, but it does not mean less intelegent

:hihi:

I believe it is the fault of the individual. Not everything should be handed to you on a plate.

:hihi:

I believe it is the fault of the individual. Not everything should be handed to you on a plate.

being educated is not a sign of intelligence, sometime structured education can stops free thought ( thinking out side of the box), or the EU in this case

Edited by phil752

MP`s are supposed to work on behalf of their constituents

They're charged with doing what *they* believe, according to their own concience, is best for their constituents.

not against them.

It won't be known if she voted against their interests or not for quite some time yet.

Smith`s ward voted overwhelmingly to LEAVE the eu . Hopefully this woman will be out on her ear at the GE.

Perhaps, depends on the state of play when the election takes place ;)

What it says is that they ( myself included ) have had enough of mass immigration and meddling from the suits in Brussels, and our MP`s ignoring our concerns .

What makes you think our MP's will address your concerns now, most of the problems you mention were already under "our MP's" control before the referendum?

---------- Post added 19-02-2017 at 12:07 ----------

It certainly doesn't help though....

They're charged with doing what *they* believe, according to their own concience, is best for their constituents.

It won't be known if she voted against their interests or not for quite some time yet.

Perhaps, depends on the state of play when the election takes place ;)

What makes you think our MP's will address your concerns now, most of the problems you mention were already under "our MP's" control before the referendum?

---------- Post added 19-02-2017 at 12:07 ----------

It certainly doesn't help though....

Help what expand

No. It isn't. There's nothing wrong with making an arrangement on tariffs and market access. There's something very wrong with submitting our entire nation to a foreign regulatory or legal regime.

---------- Post added 15-02-2017 at 18:37 ----------

Boris Johnson said outright that we would leave the single market on national television. So did Gove and Cameron and Stuart and many others.

A few minor figures equivocating on the matter cannot balance this.

Yes and they are on YouTube, Cameron looking straight into the camera saying voting leave means leaving the single market. Osborne also. Seems as if it is the remainers who didn't understand what they were voting for:rolleyes:

Yes and they are on YouTube, Cameron looking straight into the camera saying voting leave means leaving the single market. Osborne also. Seems as if it is the remainers who didn't understand what they were voting for:rolleyes:

That does not make sense.

That does not make sense.

your right and ill vote inline with how our mps should have supported us

There is a school of thought that says that if, by the next election, we`ve left the EU, any switching of votes could be towards the Remainers.

Think about it :

The Brexiteers have won, we`ve left, for them it`s over. What`s the point in settling scores ? It`s easy to bury the hatchet if you`ve got everything you want anyway

But to Remainers they`ve lost. To many it`ll always annoy them (or worse), it isn`t over and never will be. It`s never easy to bury the hatchet if you haven`t got anything that you want, not even a minor concession, despite the fact 48% voted remain. This is why all those please for unity and pulling together from the Brexiteers and the Govt (= the same thing) are so much ****.

Your logic does not resemble our Earth logic.

How to avoid the point, the one in bold being the most significant.

---------- Post added 20-02-2017 at 08:18 ----------

Democracy, control of an organization or group by the majority of its members.

The vote was taken, Brexit won the day. What would be the point of an MP reflecting his Remain constituents and doggedly opposing Brexit. Time the Remoaners accept that we will be leaving the corrupt EU. Time to get behind Brexit and all pull in one direction.

Angel1.

A narrow majority after the most dishonest campaign in living memory ? Yes I`d possibly agree with that, but no more.

There was no majority for leaving the single market etc, you know that full well. If you don`t admit it you`re just making yourself look silly.

---------- Post added 20-02-2017 at 08:23 ----------

Originally Posted by Penistone999 :

So anyone who is against mass immigration is a Racist ?

If they were all Australians or Canadians you would not crack a dickie bird

I agree with you Jacktari. But what Penny fails to realise (a common theme may I add, he`s still got Trump as his Avatar) is that most immigration from the EU is white Christian.

But the thing I really, REALLY don`t get, is that, generally, most areas which voted for Brexit* don`t have that many immigrants ! What does that tell you ? ! ? Whenever I go to Pensitone I see hardly any immigrants, and those I do see (in the Indian restaurants) are, I`d bet, most welcome there.

* Even the Brexiteers admit it was mainly over immigration