Accountability of Sheffield MPs who voted against brexit

To be frank it`s embarrassing to me that I live in a constituency in which 60% voted to leave the EU...... What does that say about my fellow constituents ? Are they all like Penistone999 (a self confessed Nationalist) ? A man who knows so little about politics he`s got Donald Trump as his Avatar......

Edited by Justin Smith

And, by the sounds of it, regardless of the integrity of the UKIP candidate ;):D

How could anyone not vote for someone who's found a cure for cancer, climbed Everest backwards on one leg, scored the winning goal for England in the 2010 World Cup Final, survived the Great Fire of London and been the first jockey to win the Grand National while carrying his horse on his back.

How could anyone not vote for someone who's found a cure for cancer, climbed Everest backwards on one leg, scored the winning goal for England in the 2010 World Cup Final, survived the Great Fire of London and been the first jockey to win the Grand National while carrying his horse on his back.

Kim Jong Un translates to Paul Nuttall in a little known Korean dialect.

I cannot verify this as the books are kept in monastery in Siam.

Couldn`t agree more.

Angela Smith has at least made my life a bit easier. She`s our MP but I was going to vote Lib Dem at the next General Election. What worried me was letting the Tory (or even worse UKIP....) in. However, she voted against Article 50 so I`ll vote for her. I feel a bit sorry for the Lib Dem candidate though, her vote will get squeezed big time, such is the unfairness of our electoral system.

Smith went against the wishes of the vast majority of her constituents and may well find herself picking up her p45 at the next general election. MP`s are supposed to work on behalf of their constituents , not against them.

Smith`s ward voted overwhelmingly to LEAVE the eu . Hopefully this woman will be out on her ear at the GE.

---------- Post added 14-02-2017 at 17:50 ----------

To be frank it`s embarrassing to me that I live in a constituency in which 60% voted to leave the EU...... What does that say about my fellow constituents ? Are they all like Penistone999 (a self confessed Nationalist) ? A man who knows so little about politics he`s got Donald Trump as his Avatar......

What it says is that they ( myself included ) have had enough of mass immigration and meddling from the suits in Brussels, and our MP`s ignoring our concerns .

Smith went against the wishes of the vast majority of her constituents and may well find herself picking up her p45 at the next general election. MP`s are supposed to work on behalf of their constituents , not against them.

Smith`s ward voted overwhelmingly to LEAVE the eu . Hopefully this woman will be out on her ear at the GE.

What it says is that they ( myself included ) have had enough of mass immigration and meddling from the suits in Brussels, and our MP`s ignoring our concerns .

Well said!

On the most recent vote, she abstained. As I served around 12 years on a committee, I was always led to believe that an abstention was a none vote, a waste, a dereliction of your duty to the committee if you will, letting down the people who voted you on to the said committee.

Therefore I could NEVER vote for any one who carried out her actions.

UKip for me.

Angel.

How do you feel about UKIPs MEPs voting records?

Bit of a waste yeah?

How do you feel about UKIPs MEPs voting records?

Bit of a waste yeah?

Righto. Well the discussion was regarding UK MPs not MEPs.

We won't have any MEPs in 2 years anyway so it's kind of moot.

Dear Comrade Penny :wave:

I want YOU, the Trumpet-loving, tax-dodging, Proud English Patriot, to stand against Angela Smith MP in the next election.

Do it Penny, for only you can save the English against Ze Germanese invaders.

Do us proud, Penny, and serve Angela Smith MP her P45.

We're behind you all the way.

Righto. Well the discussion was regarding UK MPs not MEPs.

We won't have any MEPs in 2 years anyway so it's kind of moot.

Way to miss the point there.

The poster was insinuating that Angela Smith didn't do her duty by abstaining.

Fair point. I think they should all vote whichever way, that's what they're there for

But then in the next breath started saying they couldn't vote for someone like that and bigging up the 'kips as if they're a beacon of virtue in this respect.

The 'kips who had a many a chance to vote and didn't.

The 'kips who had a many a chance to vote and didn't.

And are perfectly happy to hoover up the generous EU MEP expenses for doing so.

I like the Kippers, they're my kind of greedy scumbag political party. I'm definitely voting for them at the next MEP elections-- oh, never mind.

I shall be voting for Angela Smith at the next GE, and doing so will give me even more pleasure to know I`m annoying the UKIP Nationalists, possibly like yourself ?

Penny old son, you`ve still got Donald Trump (American Nationalist : America first) as your Avatar. I thought we`d pointed out to you how stupid that makes you, an English Nationalist (England first), look.

Only thinking about your reputation old son.

With all due respect, you don`t know what you`re talking about when it comes to immigration. Most immigration isn`t even from the EU. If I know you as I think I do, you`ll be one of those who (incorrectly) think England will become a Sharia state in 50 years, if so you should want MORE immigration from the EU, because that tends to be white and Christian.

Personally I`ve had more than enough of people speeding through our village and not paying their taxes, ring any bells old son ?

---------- Post added 14-02-2017 at 20:55 ----------

I have been in touch with Mz Smith on two occasions as she is my elected MP also. Neither of her two replies to me have "cut the mustard".

On the first vote she did indeed vote against the will of her constituents and also against the will of the majority of the populace that voted. Not very democratic was it.

On the most recent vote, she abstained. As I served around 12 years on a committee, I was always led to believe that an abstention was a none vote, a waste, a dereliction of your duty to the committee if you will, letting down the people who voted you on to the said committee.

Therefore I could NEVER vote for any one who carried out her actions.

UKip for me.

Angel.

I`ve thought about this answer quite a bit, and, actually, it stinks of hypocrisy.

Inconsistent ? Disregarding democracy ? Hypocritical ?

That`ll be UKIP and Nigel Farage.

What did he say on the night of the Referendum ?

"If we lose it isn`t over !"

Well they won (albeit in a close result after an incredibly dishonest campaign) and all of a sudden it was, apparently, completely over.

I live in your constituency but i think i have put my reasons across has to why i voted to leave.I am not embarrased about it why should you be.You voted the way you believed and the other 60 percent voted the way they believed was the right way to vote.