Our caring Council yet again

Can we have the other side of the story please? The truth will be somewhere in the middle. Thanks.

What other side?

Read it again. It's factual.

A long term resident requests what are considered to be dangerously close trees, be assessed in the first instance, with a view to removal as they are clearly dangerous.

Having an immense tree towering over several houses but immediately within 5 metres of the property's rear door is not acceptable. Furthermore, the Council's response was totally inadequate during the life time of the resident.

However, upon thier death, the Council then has felled the three trees.

You can look at 'the story' from as many sides as you wish, but the facts are the facts. The timings, during life and after life, are crystal clear.

My opinion, repeat, opinion, is that the vulnerable, less robust, less determined, less articulate are easily ignored, fobbed off, left to gather dust amongst the 'in' tray of the Council's 'no intention to lift a finger' pile. This is one example.

Now, dismiss the 'opinion' by all means but don't dismiss the idea that the Council at times are badly letting down the Sheffield public.

It happens. [ I think I spelled that correctly.]

My opinion, repeat, opinion, is that the vulnerable, less robust, less determined, less articulate are easily ignored, fobbed off, left to gather dust amongst the 'in' tray of the Council's 'no intention to lift a finger' pile. This is one example.

I'm no fan of t'council (or t'corporation, as others of my generation still call 'em) but when the Liberal Democrats are in opposition they accuse the Labour city council of favouring certain parts of the city and when Labour are in opposition, they accuse the Liberal Democrat city council of ignoring Labour-voting areas of the city.

So who is right ?

The council rarely accept responsibility for the actions of the householder. If you did it, you pay to put it right. If you die, they have no choice but to sort it.

My parents-in-law have a council house. During a flush period they paid to have a bathroom and a kitchen fitted. Now, if anything repairs need doing, they are charged. The council will only maintain what they have put in otherwise they find themselves facing huge bills to sort problems they haven't caused ( and lets face it, they waste enough money sorting the problems they cause themselves).