Top 3 pubs in Sheffield

too many to choose from but if pushed would go Three Tuns (a hidden gem), Shakespeare and Bath Hotel for top 3 with Tap, Head of Steam, Sheffield Waterworks (best Wetherspoons i think), Museum, Devo Cat (but im not keen on new look tbh) and Old Crown at Handsworth (near me)

same here, too far out of the way such that I've only been a handful of times, but I do rate it highly. I'll leave the music with you though... sadly, other than when someone puts something decent on the Rutland or White Lion jukebox, beer quality and music quality (IMO of course) are inversely proportional!

White Lion hasn't had a jukebox for 2 years.

My top 3 though... Bath Hotel, Fat Cat and Brother's Arms in the summer

Edited by whitelion

Guest makapaka
That's cos it's true mate. Just because many people can't see further than the end of their street, in typical Sheffield fashion, doesn't mean that those of us that have had the ability to travel the length and breadth of the country and seen MUCH better places are wrong now, does it? :huh:

No it's not short sightedness - it's boring to hearing people constantly running the place down.

There are plenty of really good pubs in Sheffield - the fact that you can only find 2 that are up to your standard strikes me more as your problem rather than sheffields to be honest.

Probably the shakey, rutland then it's between the bath and the dev cat, but I'm reserving judgement on that till I've been in the cat post Refurb next week

too many to choose from but if pushed would go Three Tuns (a hidden gem), Shakespeare and Bath Hotel for top 3 with Tap, Head of Steam, Sheffield Waterworks (best Wetherspoons i think), Museum, Devo Cat (but im not keen on new look tbh) and Old Crown at Handsworth (near me)

Good mix there tho never been to Old Crown tbh. 3 Tuns is a beautiful pub and HoS is a great addition imho.

Guest sibon
. I honestly don't know. Broadfield maybe? Sad to say but I really don't think Sheffield has that many great beer places. Unlike Newcastle, say, which has loads. And Bristol. And Leeds...

!

You might not think so, The New York Times has other ideas. Number 22, by the way, as your attention span appears to be suspect.

So good, they raved about it twice

My top three, by the way are:

The Greystones.

The Brothers (More for the view than the beer)

Kelham Island Tavern.

Could do with another thread for top 3 (or 5) pubs in Sheffield, but not necessarily the top 3 real ale pubs.

(or do they out-rank other pubs? :huh:)

The Hillsborough Hotel has really upped its game this year and I've enjoyed returning for their quiz night on a Tuesday as well as other times to eat my winnings.

Still think Shakespeares has the best beer range.

Third choice is a toss up between The Blake, The Hallamshire House and The Walkley Beer Co.

Probably go for WBC as it's so near to me, and it will be even better when it extends it's opening days.

Could do with another thread for top 3 (or 5) pubs in Sheffield, but not necessarily the top 3 real ale pubs.

(or do they out-rank other pubs? :huh:)

No, add them here! Fagan`s is a favourite of mine even though beer them is limited.

Blake, Hallamshire House and Closed Shop are all less than 10 minutes walk from me so I'm quite happy with the choice on my doorstep.

For me Its

Sheaf

KIT

Fat Cat.

Back in Sheffield over Christmas so some new ones to try.

White Lion hasn't had a jukebox for 2 years.

Ha, shows how much attention I pay... I only noticed it in the first place cos I was in one Sunday, when apparently said jukebox was free. Not been on a Sunday since so not looked for the jukebox!