Bricks and stones bring thrown from herries road viaduct

Please let me know if your car has also been damaged as a result of someone throwing stones and bricks off the viaduct on Harries Road today. My car was hit while I was driving just after 5pm tonight. I stopped the car thinking it had been an accident to find two more cars stopping for the same reason (one car with a broken windscreen, the other with a huge dent on the side). I have a deep, 10cm long dent on the roof but most importantly I was left shaken thinking how much it scared me while I was driving. Also there was a lady with a pram walking under the viaduct at the time! Please contact the police if you can provide any information or have been affected by the same. It is being treated as a crime now as numerous calls have been made throughout the evening by people who are affected by this horrendous act of stupidity!

i work very close to the bridge and once saw 2 kids throwing stones off the bridge. i called 999 and the police took it very seriously, they were on scene within minutes and we saw them frog march the kids off.

I had mine done at the end of October but not off the bridge, from the woods on the left just before it. They were throwing the stones from the rail track though.

One came through the back passenger window and hit my son on the side of the head, and one hit the car behind.

We got out but couldn't find them. Police took over an hour to turn up and weren't not overly confident (as you wouldn't be turning up that long after). When I spoke to an officer the day after he said they weren't aware of any other reports yet a friend told of someone who had reported it done to him a few months before.

I try and avoid that area now, which is hard as my grandparents live round there

I believe a police patrol man was killed there a few years ago by a paving slab being thrown.

Hello all,

Oli from BBC Radio Sheffield here. Would anyone be interested in chatting to me about this please? We're hoping to have a look into this on our Breakfast programme for Monday.

Thanks

Hello all,

Oli from BBC Radio Sheffield here. Would anyone be interested in chatting to me about this please? We're hoping to have a look into this on our Breakfast programme for Monday.

Thanks

Get Toby on to it he will sort it !!!

A few years ago same thing was happening the gene pool hasn't changed.

I was goint to say what goes through these idiots heads when they are throwing stuff at moving traffic, then i realised, they only have cow muck for brains, so hard to comprehend for them...