IP camera won't connect

We got an ip camera second hand and when I try to connect it, it says mounted successful but to unmount it from previous users settings. Tried resetting it to factory but keeps saying same thing. What can I do. It uses I ithink app. Is there another app I could use?

We got an ip camera second hand and when I try to connect it, it says mounted successful but to unmount it from previous users settings. Tried resetting it to factory but keeps saying same thing. What can I do. It uses I ithink app. Is there another app I could use?

What manufacturer is the camera made by? How are you trying to connect to it? Via an app or it's webpage?

It says apache on box. I am using ap to conet to camera. It sends an audible signal to camera to connect to it!

Plug the camera into your router with a network cable.

Download a network scanning app on your smartphone like 'Fing' on Android.

Scan for all devices and try to identify the camera's IP address.

Using a PC, open internet explorer and type in the IP address.

You should get a log-in prompt. Try different combinations of User / Password or admin / admin

Once you've got in you should be able to get all the details you need.

Try using a generic IP Camera app on your mobile, there's loads so you might want to try a few different ones.

I had a similar problem with mine.

I set the IP addresses etc, and it worked, but then whilst I was away on holidays, it stopped, which I wasn't happy about.

Transpired that my router (Sky BB) had reset/changed, and had then changed IP address, meaning that the programme to get to the cam couldn't see it.

I never did work out a way to get Sky to have a fixed IP address :(

(PS If anyone knows how to get Sky to give me a static IP I'd be grateful!)

I set the IP addresses etc, and it worked, but then whilst I was away on holidays, it stopped, which I wasn't happy about.

Transpired that my router (Sky BB) had reset/changed, and had then changed IP address, meaning that the programme to get to the cam couldn't see it.

Set your router to give the camera a static IP address.

Enable your router to accept Dynamic DNS services like DYN DNS. You'll need an account and a subscription.

Forwarded port 80 to the camera's IP address.

Whenever you navigate to your chosen address e.g. http://www.Andy2976.DYNDNS.com you will automatically be forwarded to your camera.

Its not the sky router you need to set...

You set the camera to use manual IP address, then add in the IP address yourself. It will also add the DNS itself, if not then make sure DNS is correct too.

You also need to make sure that your router is not dishing out IP addresses which might conflict with any static ones.

I usually start DHCP allocation at xxx.xxx.xxx.20 and reserve 2-19 for static devices.

Thanks all but I'm now even more confused! :(

Thanks all but I'm now even more confused! :(

This video will show you how to give your camera a static IP address on your Sky Router

This page should show you how to set up a Dynamic address

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/content/178-dynamic-dns.html

This video will show you how to port forward on your Sky Router. You want to forward the necessary ports needed for your camera to the IP address you assigned to it in the video above.

But don't actually just forward port 80 to your webcam unless you want it to be available in botnet attacks 30 minutes later and probably have some teenager checking out what it can see.

THanks guys - I shall check that out tonight and report back :)