The Roma Empire

Just been reading the The Sun webpage and Sheffield is the main headline,The Roma Empire,and its goes on about Page Hall and All the Roma people destroying the image of Sheffield,images of the Litter thrown All over the place,and schools too over crowded with imigrants,Sheffield Council is to Blame for keeping the same groups together,like they have done the same with Darnall,Hope something is done to stop this destroying Sheffield more and spoiling our bad reputation with imigrants

Your rant would have more 'pro British' power if was written in English.

Damn them imigrants.

(I have) just been reading the The Sun website and Sheffield is the main headline.

(The title of the article is) "The Roma Empire", and its goes on about Page Hall and all the Roma people destroying the image of Sheffield, (with) images of the litter thrown all over the place, and schools too over crowded with immigrants.

Sheffield Council is to blame for keeping the same groups together, like they have done the same with Darnall.

(I) hope something is done to stop this destroying Sheffield (even) more and spoiling our bad reputation with immigrants.

Fixed it for you. ;)

I appreciate some of the resentment, but Sheffield Council doesn't have any influence on where people buy and / or rent houses. I would suggest the problem lies partly with social service authorities, the police, the resident population and the immigrant population for not encouraging integration.

If these groups were on one side encouraged with incentives to recognise and adhere to "our social norms", and on the other, face adequate penalty for flouting laws whilst being included in the community, we would not face such issues.

Edited by achorste

Damn them imigrants.

Right on. Imagine the French coming over and stealing the jobs the women and tearing down the King and replacing him. Bet they'd even replace the language too :)

Waitaminute.....

in france if you don't take your first offer of a place for social housing, that's it.

Just been reading the The Sun

Apply some critical thought rather than have Rupert Murdoch poison your mind.

Roma make up around 1% of the population of Sheffield. If you think that is destroying Sheffield's image then perhaps you are seeking out articles which fuel your preconceptions.

I agree the city is a total litter dump and I wish that problem was confined to that 1% but sadly it is much more pervasive.

Damn them imigrants.

Edited by Odd-jobs
After serious thought I really cannot be bothered.

Fixed it for you. ;)

.. face adequate penalty for flouting laws.... .

This is certainly needed. For everyone else too.

Roma make up around 1% of the population of Sheffield. If you think that is destroying Sheffield's image then perhaps you are seeking out articles which fuel your preconceptions.

I agree the city is a total litter dump and I wish that problem was confined to that 1% but sadly it is much more pervasive.

I don't need to seek out any articles! All I do is just have a walk round Darnall :rant::gag:

Fixed it for you. ;)

I appreciate some of the resentment, but Sheffield Council doesn't have any influence on where people buy and / or rent houses. I would suggest the problem lies partly with social service authorities, the police, the resident population and the immigrant population for not encouraging integration.

If these groups were on one side encouraged with incentives to recognise and adhere to "our social norms", and on the other, face adequate penalty for flouting laws whilst being included in the community, we would not face such issues.

Well said. Human nature is to seek out similar minded souls, whether that's cultural, language, race, religion and so on. Look at your own friendship group, are any of them totally different from you? Doubtful. So rather than simply blaming natural human behaviour, we need to improve how we manage the situation to benefit everyone. I'm sure a lot of the people who have decided to come to Britain had a reason and that reason was likely for a better life. Do they really have that if all they have is a small part of the country they left behind? I'd imagine most of the Roma (as they are the subject of this thread but applies to all minority groups - even Brits in Spain!) would relish a chance to integrate in Britain more but don't know how, or are too scared to do so. There are probably some that really do just want a small part of Eastern Europe in Page Hall but once the ones that don't want that have moved on there won't be a 'ghetto' anymore anyway.

You never been to Page Hall ? you see it with you own eyes.

Oh , it was in the star as well, and its actually a Government report .

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/the-pressure-on-schools-is-evident-huge-increase-in-sheffield-s-roma-population-highlighted-in-government-report-1-8274151

You never been to Page Hall ? you see it with you own eyes

Yes I have.

Sheffield is much larger than Page Hall.