Time to face up to the truth of religion?

I'm choosing not to engage in a debate that's ultimately pointless because you can't answer the biggest question of life. I'm trying to make people realise that neither sides knows that god does/doesn't exist.

[/Quote] What on earth makes you think it's the biggest question in life? To me and many others it's no bigger than the question of "Do eight legged unicorns exist?", neither 'side' knows that eight legged unicorns do or don't exist.

---------- Post added 19-12-2016 at 14:26 ----------

I know, with 100% certainty.

No, you don't. You also don't know that eight legged unicorns don't exist.

There is, however, about the same likeliness of either existing and the same lack of real evidence to suggest they do exist. This is most certainly enough to dismiss the concepts of either existing.

---------- Post added 19-12-2016 at 14:35 ----------

Where is it compulsory anywhere worth living?

In many religious households, including the UK and certainly the USA.

Edited by RootsBooster

I know, with 100% certainty.

The only thing amenable to absolute proof is mathematics.

---------- Post added 19-12-2016 at 19:26 ----------

Laughs out loud ?

At anything in particular or shall we just guess?

my twopenneth.. no children are born religious..its all pure crap!

At anything in particular or shall we just guess?

My guess is they're laughing at some of the stupid failed apocalypses that their particular cult has predicted.

My guess is they're laughing at some of the stupid failed apocalypses that their particular cult has predicted.

We won't be laughing next year, it's all going to kick off....;)

http://uk.businessinsider.com/blood-of-san-gennaro-fails-to-liquefy-meaning-2017-could-be-a-disaster-2016-12?r=US&IR=T

Four times as I recall that the world has ended. Err should have ended....

Four times as I recall that the world has ended. Err should have ended....

well i don't think you require a great deal of skill in fortelling the future to know that Italy might have a rough time next year.

and back to the subject of religion:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4050330/You-don-t-wait-heaven-s-day-loved-rabbi-famed-BBC-s-Thought-Day-dies-reprint-gloriously-uplifting-reflections-life.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00tpw79

---------- Post added 20-12-2016 at 08:55 ----------

you would be better off on the express web site, they relish this sort of hysteria

my twopenneth.. no children are born religious..its all pure crap!

True, but all children are born with a sense of wonder, and I believe that can develop into spirituality.

---------- Post added 20-12-2016 at 13:14 ----------

Can I ask all atheists and non believers, are you offended to receive Christmas cards, in particular, Christmas cards with a religious theme? Angels, 3 Kings, mangers etc?

Serious question.

True, but all children are born with a sense of wonder, and I believe that can develop into spirituality.

---------- Post added 20-12-2016 at 13:14 ----------

Can I ask all atheists and non believers, are you offended to receive Christmas cards, in particular, Christmas cards with a religious theme? Angels, 3 Kings, mangers etc?

Serious question.

I am but that's because I find the greetings card industry to be a shocking waste of money personally. Cheap crap cards at stupid prices.

People who know me well send Yule or Gravmass cards they have made.

I am but that's because I find the greetings card industry to be a shocking waste of money personally. Cheap crap cards at stupid prices.

People who know me well send Yule or Gravmass cards they have made.

Thankyou for taking the trouble to reply. Can I just ask what a 'Gravmass' card is? I've not heard of it.