Car towed away whilst on holiday

Presumably the company that towed my car won't have refunded the fee, because they just did what they were contracted to do so why should they? It would be interesting to know whether Amey had to pay the refund or SCC. The cheque came from SCC, but they could have then claimed from Amey.

SCC refund the money. The tow away contractor takes all the fee paid by the driver, including the penalty. They get paid irrespective of outcome of any appeal.

Amey refund SCC if a case is lost due to their fault, like a problem with the signs etc.

SCC refund the money. The tow away contractor takes all the fee paid by the driver, including the penalty. They get paid irrespective of outcome of any appeal.

Amey refund SCC if a case is lost due to their fault, like a problem with the signs etc.

Any idea what percentage of the refunds made by SCC are successfully reclaimed from Amey?

Any idea what percentage of the refunds made by SCC are successfully reclaimed from Amey?

Make a blind guess, it will probably be close to the truth as government never does anything really surprising.

Road off Sharrowvale road, near The Local, loads of cars have got tickets, must be office workers who couldn't park on their usual spots outside people's houses due to the road resurfacing.

Edited by gamezone07

I don't have the figures.

It's the rules I'm asking Klondike Kid about, he said they aren't following them, what rules aren't they following?

Better late than never, however, due to a previously ongoing dispute now resolved in my favour I can now confirm that they (whoever actually were placing signage Amey or Parking services)were non compliant with

The Local Authorities Traffic Orders (Procedures) (England and Wales) regulations 1996 No. 2489 Part III Regulation 18

Traffic Signs Manual Chapter 3 Section 7.50

Traffic Management Act 2004 notably Section 10.2 and 10.3

I am sure that at least one person paid up rather than contest it even though they were incorrectly ticketed.

One can only surmise that this occurred a few more times as the situation was due to last 10 days.

You were ticketed?

Yes as were others including one showing a blue badge,but unlike some on this thread cars weren't towed, presumably because the resurfacing works were not done for a few more days.

Informal appeal refused as the assessor claimed evidence that clearly was erroneous according to their own photos hence my assertion that the evidence was not properly reviewed and so dragged the process on.

They are doing resurfacing on my road today. The card that came through the door says they will give five days notice. The signs only went up giving only 4 days notice so I rang them. The lady on the phone confirmed that cars cannot be moved or fines issued if the signs went up with less than five days notice. She also confirmed that these signs went up with less than five days notice. So my car will be moved when I am good and ready today.

Yes as were others including one showing a blue badge,but unlike some on this thread cars weren't towed, presumably because the resurfacing works were not done for a few more days.

Informal appeal refused as the assessor claimed evidence that clearly was erroneous according to their own photos hence my assertion that the evidence was not properly reviewed and so dragged the process on.

I didn't even realise they were ticketing, AFAIK the only thing they were doing was towing.

I didn't even realise they were ticketing, AFAIK the only thing they were doing was towing.

The vehicle has to be ticketed before it can be towed. It's a legal requirement.

This is correct, the work in S7 was postponed for a few days as they had not notified all the vehicles on the roads.

still shocking how many vehicles are getting fines, etc, though