Car towed away whilst on holiday

Nowadays, many cars are not actually registered to the person who drives them. Some remain registered to lease companies etc, so it is not always possible to establish where the driver lives.

The Council report to the Police that they have towed a vehicle because most people call the Police first when finding their car is missing.

It isn't wasting Police time, they are happy with the arrangement and when you call, you are talking to a call handler, not a police officer.

It should be the registered keeper on the vehicle documents not just the registered owner. Our company cars have both the owner and the keeper on them.

The increase is due to more income from pay and display and temporary parking bay suspensions arising from developments. You might think that both of these are perhaps indicators of the economy picking up a bit.

Income from penalties is actually down on last year.

---------- Post added 12-12-2016 at 13:13 ----------

I just saw that they won the new contract: http://www.ciht.org.uk/en/wra/news/index.cfm/amey-wins-area-7-maintenance-contract

---------- Post added 12-12-2016 at 13:38 ----------

Probably by having a maintenace programme that is a small fraction of the amount of work Amey are doing.

---------- Post added 12-12-2016 at 13:45 ----------

That certainly doesn't happen in Sheffield. They have a team of people whose job it is to process appeals and penalties do get cancelled at first and second stage apeals.

What sometimes happens in my experience is that the driver doesn't provide enough evidence to allow the council to cancel a penalty at the earlier stages and sometimes only brings out all of the evidence at the Traffic Penalty Tribunal hearing. If they'd mentioned the same things earlier, it would have been cancelled.

Well I'll find this out soon - given I gave them a copy of my flight booking confirmation, based on what you say the ticket should be cancelled at the first stage. I have not even received an email confirmation so far that the appeal is under way. I took a screenshot of the confirmation screen so I have proof it was submitted luckily.

The increase is due to more income from pay and display and temporary parking bay suspensions arising from developments. You might think that both of these are perhaps indicators of the economy picking up a bit.

Income from penalties is actually down on last year.

---------- Post added 12-12-2016 at 13:13 ----------

I just saw that they won the new contract: http://www.ciht.org.uk/en/wra/news/index.cfm/amey-wins-area-7-maintenance-contract

---------- Post added 12-12-2016 at 13:38 ----------

Probably by having a maintenace programme that is a small fraction of the amount of work Amey are doing.

---------- Post added 12-12-2016 at 13:45 ----------

That certainly doesn't happen in Sheffield. They have a team of people whose job it is to process appeals and penalties do get cancelled at first and second stage apeals.

What sometimes happens in my experience is that the driver doesn't provide enough evidence to allow the council to cancel a penalty at the earlier stages and sometimes only brings out all of the evidence at the Traffic Penalty Tribunal hearing. If they'd mentioned the same things earlier, it would have been cancelled.

That is probably due to the fact that the website times out before you can render a full account, it also limits you to 3 photos as counter evidence. The operative then makes up a claim that even their evidence doesn't support or hasn't been sent,which is why it it is a valid argument to say a proper revue has not taken place. This is an area where they could save time wasting.

There again we are now in the £70 or more area to prove you are correct

[/b]

That is probably due to the fact that the website times out before you can render a full account, it also limits you to 3 photos as counter evidence. The operative then makes up a claim that even their evidence doesn't support or hasn't been sent,which is why it it is a valid argument to say a proper revue has not taken place. This is an area where they could save time wasting.

There again we are now in the £70 or more area to prove you are correct

Does there need to be a kick line and people in drag?

Edited by Beligerence

Sheffield does it on the go and doing it on the go is not the same as proper management.

Cry all you want like using its size as an excuse but you are not going to get out of it unless you grow up and learn how to manage a project.

Even the excuses you come up with are on the go.

..or in our case, not at all. the planned work at Hunters Bar due to take place last month has been deferred to 2017 now

Yes, although bizarrely:

a. it's described as within the Carterknowle work-sector (even if nowhere near); and

b. nobody considered carrying-out HB work during the Universities' summer vacations when the onstreet parking is at a minimum.

Well I'll find this out soon - given I gave them a copy of my flight booking confirmation, based on what you say the ticket should be cancelled at the first stage. I have not even received an email confirmation so far that the appeal is under way. I took a screenshot of the confirmation screen so I have proof it was submitted luckily.

You don't get an email confirmation. The on-screen one is all you get.

---------- Post added 12-12-2016 at 23:46 ----------

Sheffield does it on the go and doing it on the go is not the same as proper management.

Cry all you want like using its size as an excuse but you are not going to get out of it unless you grow up and learn how to manage a project.

Even the excuses you come up with are on the go.

What's all this "you"?

I don't work for Amey and I don't manage their contract with SCC either, so cut out the personalising please.

Get out of what precisely?

They're usually pretty good at winning contracts, can't think why but this might be a clue

http://www.constructionenquirer.com/2012/11/12/amey-takes-action-after-1p-highways-bids-ruled-too-low/

And have you see this one from another happy client?

https://www.newcivilengineer.com/latest/amey-awarded-53m-in-cumbria-roads-dispute/10014932.article

---------- Post added 12-12-2016 at 23:46 ----------

What's all this "you"?

I don't work for Amey and I don't manage their contract with SCC either, so cut out the personalising please.

Get out of what precisely?

You behave like you work for council or amey and have taken that role upon you by the way you present yourself and have done a lot of it "on the go".

Grow up and learn proper professional management, you may learn how to use a agenda to manage projects and understand how this can save time, money.

Then you understand the difference between professional and amateur ways of managing roadworks instead of defending all these idiotic laurel hardy ways Sheffield does it.

The fact that someone only gets an on screen confirmation shows that council is even too lazy to return an automated message. It is a perfect example of how they think by doing as little as possible to get involved with responsible matters.

You behave like you work for council or amey and have taken that role upon you by the way you present yourself and have done a lot of it "on the go".

Grow up and learn proper professional management, you may learn how to use a agenda to manage projects and understand how this can save time, money.

Then you understand the difference between professional and amateur ways of managing roadworks instead of defending all these idiotic laurel hardy ways Sheffield does it.

Has it entered you mind that he either a) used to work for one of them and doesnt anymore, and/or b) knows someone who does?

No need for the "grow up" insult. At least he comes on here and attempts an explanation, as much as some of us will disagree with it or not. Do you want to drive posters like that away? Im inclined to report your post.

Oh, thats rather unusual. All other web forms I use nowadays always send you an email confirmation for your records.

There's certainly no evidence that Planner1 is actually in charge of the Amey contract or the project management, so whilst he's defending their ineptitude, it isn't HIS ineptitude.